No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Rooster

piccole ma cattive
Just been busy with "other stuff". I spent some quality time with the X this weekend and finally got a lot done. New wheel bearings on all 4 corners and modified hubs that are now rocking ARP wheel studs. Hubs were milled and studs pressed in. This will make it a lot easier when swapping tires during auto X'ing.

dsc000408515901.jpg

dsc000428430834.jpg

dsc000418422278.jpg

Also, alot of work on the turbo as well and I could technically fire it up very soon. I still need to sort out where to put the coolant reservoir and fill. The oil pres gauge, EGT and boost gauges need to be attached, starter put in (but first need to figure out which starter as I have 3 and ones for the Uno and that doesnt work with the X flywheel. I'm plugging away at it and once its "running" I'll rip it all apart and put in the megasquirt.

He lives!! ;)

Good to hear from you Mike.

What's the blue thingy?? A hub centering ring?

Now work done today and had a little mishap. Filled up the coolant system and noticed it was peeing out under the thermostat. So, I pulled the T-stat housing off and media blasted it, sealed it with Ultra-Black and reinstalled it.

More "configuring" pics:

dsc000443837099.jpg

dsc000453824977.jpg

dsc000473831247.jpg

Still need to get an air cleaner and some sort of fuel filter. Oh btw, check out the top of the fuel tank, I solved my little compressed tank issue. Also re inflated it with generous amounts of air...

Back