NY Area 1983 Bertone for Sale

nuccio

1983 Bertone (Black (originally Orange)/Tan) with 28k original miles for sale. The car was purchased 2+ years ago from Arizona. It was apparently restored by an older owner who had it in storage. After purchase, it was re-commissioned by Domenicks in White Plains (Italian car experts) who verified that the mileage seemed genuine. Mechanically, the car runs great. Cosmetically, the car shows well, but the paint has some shrinkage/file marks. Left front door has shallow parking ding. No signs of rust. Being Southern car, dash has a small crack between the vents. Seats have been re-covered. Electric windows work as do all the gauges. All other systems work fine. AC was removed for performance reasons. Tires are two years old.
Car is an excellent and reliable driver with tons of fun.
$9250 obo.
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125953335*N03/

Two things... 1) Move to FS&W section, and...

2) Replace the * with the "at" (ampersand) sign in the link following to view the photos...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125953335*N03/

3) (OK, I lied...) I'm a bit at a loss here and would generally keep my OPINIONS to myself, but I thought I would share these thoughts on this car. The interior looks great, but not original, the low mileage is a big plus as well. The paint makes it look rather tired and unoriginal... Hence, the price just may be right on... but the cost and time of a respray to give it a "low-mileage, and RESTORED" rating... would not be close to a "low-mileage, and ORIGINAL rating. I think the latter would be worth much more... and that is why I'm confused a bit over what the car is really worth. Like I said, if the mileage is correct and all the rest of the car is up to snuff... this just might be a reasonable asking price.

I like the car a lot, but

The cost of restoring it to show quality from my experience would unfortunately double the asking price.
I did this with a trailer queen once, and that particular car had near perfect original paint and dash.
Also being an '83 means it has the old style wire harness. :eek: The car does look pretty good though.

I see rust.

Just wanted to point this out. The picture of the front trunk clearly shows that the tub has rusted through from the outside. Typically this is caused by road grime/salt accumulating where the brake hose mounts to the inner fender.

The car looks pretty nice in the pictures. However, given the rust damage, the paint condition and the asking price... any prospective buyer should inspect the car personally before making an offer.

Back