Oil pressure gauge or battery voltage?

EricH

Eric Hamilton
What year did Fiat cut over from an oil pressure gauge at the left-hand side of the instrument panel to a battery voltage indicator? Asking because there's an instrument panel on e-bay that claims to be from a '77, but has an oil pressure gauge at the left. I had though that was only '74-only... Was it that way through '77?

If the donor car is really a '74, I'll be asking the seller about the bumpers and the exhaust manifold - his buy-it-now prices are insane, but he is taking offers.

C'mon... someone has a '75, '76, or '77...

and can tell me whether they have an oil pressure or a battery voltage gauge?

Eric looking at the bumpers in his other

auctions they are clearly from a 77.
I believe the US-spec clusters had the oil pressure gauge from 74-78.

Agree about the bumpers

Looking at the bumpers in his other auctions auctions they are clearly from a 77. I believe the US-spec clusters had the oil pressure gauge from 74-78.

Hmmm... the '78 I owned in '78 did not have an oil pressure gauge. Maybe it was through '77? Or as with Fiat so often, it quietly and randomly changed in the middle of the model year?:nod:

Oil pressure gauge in instrument panel.

Eric, my X is a 1978 Euro-spec 1300 Serie Speciale, which I understand was produced around March 1978 (this is being guided by the production VIN). It has the oil pressure gauge in the instrument panel down in the LH lower corner - and has the oil pressure 'idiot' light also.
The X was first registered here in NZ in January 1979, having been shipped to NZ by the UK-receiving dealer in August 1978.
Being guided by Phil Ward's book, the 'SS' spec units were pretty much the last of the 1300's produced (being 'tarted' up to clear out 1300 yard stock in preparation for 1500 production).
It could be that Fiat extended the inclusion of the oil pressure-gauged units for Euro/UK sales, after excluding the gauge from US-destined units (dunno why but just maybe?)

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back