Oil pump gasket?

Robert Taylor

Hi All,

Well, I am starting to rebuild the Mk1 Uno turbo motor I picked up last year and I have some questions. Hope someone will be able to answer.

1) While swapping out the oil pan for the alloy X version, I was exchanging the oil pickup (different angle for the X1/9 vs Uno). I saw what seemed to be gasket material between the pump and block. Does anyone know the part number for that gasket, and if it is different for the Uno Mk1? Looks the same to me. Worst case I will just make one.

2) Due to scarce availability of the RHB5 VL2 turbo's, I sourced an RHB5 VI78 from a 1.6L Isuzu Impulse Turbo (rebuilt-perfect $100). Has a bigger tubine and compressor. Some basic machining will make it fit the Mk1 exhaust manifold & downpipe. Any suggestions on what FI injectors I should use with this setup, since it will most likely be running lean with the stock injectors?
Can anyone comment on lag?

3) I need an RPM sensor for the flywheel - does anyone know if I can use a NA equivalent, or should I order up the Italian original part for huge dollars? Part number?

I will take a few pictues and post them as things progress. My naturally aspirated performance motor will be up for grabs at the end of it all.

Thanks,

Rob in Langley, BC, Canada

Thanks,

Rob

I hate to recommend another forum in competition with this one but if you register on Fiat Forum.com http://www.fiatforum.com, you can view the uno forum and there is some useful info on there (as well as a number of noteable members of this forum).

Even more useful is the ePER section on one of the tabs at the top of the page. This gives you access to the Fiat parts catalogue (like you used to find on the old microfiche machines) with exploded diagrams of all assemblies showing all parts, part numbers and prices (although I don't know how up to date the prices are).

Good luck

Hi Robert.

If you are ever down in Oregon, let me know. You can take the car out for a spin.

I do not remember a gasket between the block and oil pump. I am 99% sure I do not have one.

As for the turbo, I ended up ordering a MkII manifold which is a more standard T25. I then ordered the smallest turbo from SPA turbo's ($400) which cross referenced to some type of 1.1 liter Mercedes. As it is, it was able to flow a bit more air than the original IHI turbo.

However, my first experience with the turbo, I ended up buying one which was way to big. It didn't start making and HP until 6grand or so... Not good.

The new one produces about as much HP as the old IHI at 12psi. I have the new turbo running at 6psi, or stock.

Feel free to call me if you need to chat. 541.466.3159

Eric

Thanks Eric

I will take you up on your offer to chat about it. Just not sure when I will be back at it again (on vacation).

Since I already purchased the new IHI turbo, I will give it a shot. They want >$500 Canadian to rebuild the stock turbo! Crazy.

Do you have programmable injection or stock Bosch?

Thanks!

Back