Okay, I have a really dumb question....wait for it......

Quantumleap

Rich Banks
will 205/13 tires fit on my "Tron" wheels? :eek: I'm putting new tires on the X as soon as it gets shipped here, (which is soon!), and is in need of an alignment as well. Cheers :cool: - Rich Banks, Marietta, GA

yes and no

If you are talking abut 205/60-13 yes it will fit on the wheel. On the rears they will fit no rubbing. On the front they will rub on the inside turning at full lock .some people put 185/60-13 up front 205/60-13 rear but than you can’t rotate front to back. I have 185/60-13 front and back and I like it.
Also 205/60-13 work better on a 7x13 wheel.

I have 205/13s on my '85 with the Tron wheels and have no rubbing at all. Pretty happy with them! Now if you decide to have a 5th one for a spare it will not fit in the spare tire well (don't ask how I know this but I do have an extra tire just incase! :rolleyes:) - Art

My opinion, 205's are too big for a 5" wide rim. The tire's side wall will not be properly supported which will effect chassis dynamics in a negative way. Figure at about a 6" to 7" wide rim for a 205 tire. A 185/60/13 would be a better tire size for 5" rim.

Back