Okay....moving right along.....

mmudge

True Classic
The '74 is coming along nicely now. I was able to straighten my front spoiler and do some interesting bodywork on the continuation of the spoiler at the nose of each fender. It all matches up nicely and looks nice.

I was going to put the front end (not linkage etc) back together and try to run the car on Saturday but I had a mishap, not my fault, when trying to install the radiator. I must have played with it for almost an hour when it struck me that the radiator shop had reversed the horizontal frames. My bleeder was bottom right and my drain plug was upper left. Grrrr......... I got it back corrected this AM and will attack it again tomorrow.

SO things arre looking up. I got a replacement set of seat covers for the buckets from Matt Brannon * Midwest Bayless but I'm not even close to using them yet. Being his last set I felt compelled to jump on them.

I bought a new/running motor for my 600D project and it's pretty sweet. I'm not going to release pix yet but it's a great looker with lots of the good stuff on it. I'll get more pix of the X up tonight if there's time.

Mudge

Ahhhh... Nice...

Now we'll see if ya gat any comments.

I did enjoy reading the specs, WOW... what a lot of work to get these little guys to perform. Sounds as if you've done it before... or have a builder that has!

There hasta be one hell of a lot of EXPERIENCE and misfortune to get to the point of doing all these mods upfront!

Great little project... congrats!

Experience? Misfortune?

I did enjoy reading the specs, WOW... what a lot of work to get these little guys to perform. Sounds as if you've done it before... or have a builder that has!

There hasta be one hell of a lot of EXPERIENCE and misfortune to get to the point of doing all these mods upfront!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why this time I bought a done motor. There's no way I could have built this motor for what I'm paying for it. I was fortunate to run across it. Actually it was a result of my reluctant apology to CO, so at least something good came out of it.

Toodles

Mudge

Last edited:
Impressed by all albums!

Well most anyway hhaha
like tony said, a lot of work!

I hope I can one day put THAT much effort in my cars :)

Where you at in Canada?

My 1st X, the legendary Hundred DOllar X, is in Vancouver, BC and was owned by Robt Taylor IIR. My '74 is a twin to that car 'cept the $100 X was race prepped and I didn't know it. I got it off a lien sale, rebuilt the carb and raced it that Summer at the Oregon event.

You probably saw the pix if you checked out my albums. Andy Jossey is still running my 1300 hi-comp pistons in his Smokey Joe.

Mudge

i'm in the east!

I live in the province of Quebec near Montreal.
The X I have now is my very first and hopefully my last!
I am impressed with all the stories that people here have to share. I liked the "Why did you buy your first X" thread and all the cool history.

Ha...

I'm not exactly familiar with the CO problem and don't need to be... but I see you UNDERSTAND what I meant also.

The phrase I came across sometime ago went something like... "GOOD advice usually comes from experience... and most of those are BAD!"

the 600s are neat little buggars

was looking at one badged as a 750 a little while back

hpim2380u.jpg

the guy still has it, needs a carb to get her running.

was looking at one badged as a 750 a little while back

hpim2380u.jpg

the guy still has it, needs a carb to get her running.

Some of the 750s had the Fiat 1100 caburetor. I just got in two new ones last week. Very rare these days.
Some did not, I also stock those new.

Back