On the Left Coast in a small Oregon town....

flaviaman

True Classic

The above event took place this weekend. What constitutes a "micro car" is open to conjecture however I fired up the 850 Sport Coupe for the "wine country tour". Saturday was 122 miles which may be the most I have ever driven that car in a day. My gal friend had never been in the 850 and was slightly dismayed at the lack of safety features!

Other Fiats in attendance were a 500, 600, a Bianchina, an OTAS
IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_5362.jpeg
IMG_5375.jpeg
IMG_5382.jpeg
IMG_5373.jpeg
IMG_5380.jpeg
IMG_5365.jpeg
IMG_5377.jpeg
twin cam as well as superbly restored 1200 Spyder which I thought was stunning....all in all a nice way to spend part of the weekend.

Last edited:
Looks like a great show. Very cool collection of excellent cars. I guess the title "Mini Microcar" means pretty much any small car. :)

I love small cars. This show reminds me of the "little car show" during car week in the Monterey area every August.

Anyone know what the grey wedge car is in the second from last pic? Perhaps a kit car?

"Gal friend", the doctor? Or am I mixing you up with someone else.

Looks like a great show. Very cool collection of excellent cars. I guess the title "Mini Microcar" means pretty much any small car. :)

I love small cars. This show reminds me of the "little car show" during car week in the Monterey area every August.

Anyone know what the grey wedge car is in the second from last pic? Perhaps a kit car?

The gray wedge is a motor cycle based kit car built from plans in Popular Mechanics called the Trimuter which uses some form of a motorcycle from the front forks back with a simple steel tube frame with a fiberglass over foam body.

Re the gray Trimuter....I did not look at it closely however it appeared to be very nicely finished. The power to weight ratio was certainly far greater than the 850's, or anything else I own for that matter!

The gal friend is the same, a retired, Nissan Leaf driving, psychologist. She did tell me at the end of the drive she could understand why I enjoy the 850 so much....

Last edited:
Back