Oregon 2018

Andy

True Classic
Greetings and Salutations,

Spring has definitely sprung here in Southern Oregon. Time to plant flowers and gardens, and start mowing that lawn.

Another exciting thought is that the Oregon Event is just around the corner! Due to a scheduling snafu the event has been delayed one month.

This year the event will be help August 21 - 26. Yes, this date interferes with Monterey's car week, sorry about that, but it was the best we could do.

We are in the same facility again, Apserkaha, those that have been know what a gem this place is. Those that have not been to an Oregon Event in the last few years, you really should consider coming back. And if you have never been to an Oregon event you are missing out.

Renting a facility like this is not inexpensive, I have the down payment and deposit covered, but we still owe $1400.00. That may sound like a lot, but if just 50 people pay a paltry $35 we are in the black. For those doing the math the facility rents for $350 a night plus $250 deposit.

If you would like to contribute to the rent please do, you can use paypal (ajossy@gmail.com) to shoot me a private message for my address if you want to send a check.
Additionally you should be able to contact the Jackson County Parks Office directly to make a payment via credit/debit card. Their number is (541) 774-8183. Be sure to tell them you are calling for the Fiat event or give them my name.

I am so looking forward to seeing all of you in my favorite camping area.

Also those of you interested in Autocross the local club (Siskiyou Sports Car Club) is having a double event the week prior to our event (August 18-19). You can stay at the track for the weekend, enjoy Southern Oregon for a day then head up the Mountain on Tuesday. Our check-in time is 3:00 PM on Tuesday 8/21.

Get this on your calendar, get your vacation requests submitted, get ready for OREGON!

See you on the Mountain,

I have only managed to make it to two of these events so far, and I am hoping to get my car running reliably and come down to this one in August. I am working out my budget to cover costs. I don't see what the nightly cost individually will be...? Is it the same standard rate as posted on their website?

Are there any caravans or group day trips planned?

Hey Matt,
There is no nightly cost for this event. Just a lump sum for the site rental. When we moved to the current site we decided to simply make it a donate what you can for the event. We have had no problem collecting enough cash to cover the cost. Though this year funds are coming in a little slower. I am not sure why that is, if it's folks not confident about Southern Oregon in August (yes it can be very hot) or if interest is waning.
Currently we have about half of the cost covered, the event will happen no matter how much gets donated that is ceretain.

Donations can be sent to me, or there is a donation jar at the event, the important thing is to be there!

Historicaly there was a caravan that started in the Seattle area and picked up folks along the way, but for the last couple of years I think it kind of died off. Same with the North bound group starting in the Bay area.
Keep an eye on the Events page for updates, either here or on the Mirafiori page, I will post my updates on both sites.

As to day trips, none planned so far, though I've been contemplating a winery tour.

Thank you for the information. I already have the time approved to be there for the weekend, but I have to budget costs and some other things to ensure I can go without it biting me in the butt.

If nothing Else We could join up to go from Eugene.

We are going with two x1/9's (maybe three).

I have been working on the local green machine to see if it is going. (so far the two-wheel seams to be holding His interest!.)

Also talking with another person about helping them get their car running in time. Don't know if that part will happen.

Also, have two other local fiat people I should pick on to see if they are going to go as well.

It's just around the corner! August 23-26, site opens on Auust 21 for you early birds.

Weather is well, a mixed bag. The tempratures should be decent, mid to upper 80s at the event site.

The concern is smoke. The event site is at a higher elevation (~4500 feet) and has better atmospheric ventalation than the valley (where everyone lives). Medford and Ashland have been inundated with smoke from wold fires for more than a month now. Air quality has been in the unhealthy to Hazardous levels for several weeks.

I expect that there will be smoke visible at the lake, but is should be a haze, not omnipresent in your face smoke like we have in the valley.
There are no fires in the vicinity of the event site, they are all many miles away.

Also we will have a huge beach area this year, the lake is at 46% of capacity due to severe lack of rain and snow over the winter.

My intent here is not to cause anyone to stay home, but awareness of current situation here.

Looking forward to some time in the woods with some good Fiat Folk!

Back