Original Faza snorkel

Thanks Tim for clarifying that question for me.:)
Yes the front part is seperate and if you look closely you will see it in the picture. Of course everything is included exactly as it came when purchased new.

'PeteX1/9

Pete

can you please enable shipping to Canada. Right now it says: "may not ship to Canada" and pull down menu only has US of A.
Thanks,

I've sold many things on Ebay and never had this issue. Unfortunately I can't alter the listing to worldwide shipping as people have already started bidding on item. I added "Worldwide Shipping" in bold letters in the ad.

Sorry about this,

'PeteX1/9

Airflow...

Contrary to belief, the X1/9 airflow is from the bottom to the top. In reality, this snorkel acted more like a chimney than an intake. In fact, at speed, it probably hurts airflow as it is pushing air in where the designed effect is to push it out.

They still look really cool though.

soooo in theory

you would want to design a duct that actually uses negative pressure to pull the air out of the engine cover?

Odie

Thank-you very much, I'm very pleased with the result.
Is the winner an XWeb member? Unless I'm mistaken the winner is from Germany.

'PeteX1/9

Precisely

A scoop under the car capturing more high pressure air down there would be more effective. That is why the smallish side scoops actually work to cool the engine bay.

A scoop under the car capturing more high pressure air down there would be more effective. That is why the smallish side scoops actually work to cool the engine bay.

True but if you run the snorkel with the Faza side scoops you will get tons of air. And it will look ultra cool...:eyepop:

actually

the scoop is designed with dual carbs in mind. to force cool air into them. check out the pics in the faza books as well as Phil wards.

Sorry for your loss. I'm happy with the end result but I did see the snorkel snatched out from underneath in the last seconds. It'll be off to Germany if all goes well with the transaction.

'PeteX1/9

Contrary to belief, the X1/9 airflow is from the bottom to the top. In reality, this snorkel acted more like a chimney than an intake. In fact, at speed, it probably hurts airflow as it is pushing air in where the designed effect is to push it out.

They still look really cool though.

That is interesting actually - seeing that Abarth had the similar snorkel on their car. I am wondering if the prototipo had some very different in the configuration of their underside of the engine bay. I couldn't imagine they got it wrong too?

As I understand it...

...the original Abarth Prototipo snorkel fed cool air to the twin carbs, and was not intended to cool the engine. There were mesh inserts in the rear deck lid to allow hot air to move up and out.

Cheers,

Rob

...the original Abarth Prototipo snorkel fed cool air to the twin carbs, and was not intended to cool the engine. There were mesh inserts in the rear deck lid to allow hot air to move up and out.

Cheers,

Rob

yes the whole snorkel purpose is to feed fresh cooler air to the carbs/velocity stacks.And yes all the mesh on the prototipo engine lid helps the airflow from below exit out from the top.Thats why I eliminated the rain tray on my lid, so I get more flow and engine temps are happier.No mesh on mine thou...

Back