Palestine

OK

What is the relative death toll of all Israelis killed by the Palestinians against all the Palestinians killed by the Israelis?
It's all very well to say that the killing by the Palestinians is indiscriminate and that by the Israelis targeted, but is that actually the case on any basis that can be proved. And I can tell you the disproportion in deaths is enought to raise doubts and eyebrows.
Also, your point that the US and Europe are making demands against Israel's interests is just more argument that we make no demands on anyone.
Maybe there is a 'Free World" and maybe there isn't (it's just a phrase)
but if there is, the one obvious thing is that the Palestinians do not live in it.

I think what Abbas is asking for is for the UN to accept the Palestinian State as a Member Nation, and to establish that the Palestinian State should be landed in the area known as the West Bank.

I have to admit that I did not know before this was in the news that a group of people that are not actually a country per se (a blob on a map) can be recognized as a State (apparently about 2/3 of the UN member nations do so) by other countries.

I would expect that if such is passed, it would accelerate the final negotiations needed to sort out how the right of return is going to be addressed and to sort out the handover of the land itself.

UN memberhsip...

Comes with access to the International Court.

One aspect of Palestine's application is that Palestine would love to be able to bring Israel to task for the various crimes against its population Israel has committed and continues to commit against their people. It's in Israel's interest that this access is denied.

That brings up the whole idea of war crimes and the absurdity of it all. Israel and the Palestinians have been at war for more than half a century. Like all war both sides do awful things to the other side. The side that loses will be the side that is prosecuted while the winner will not be. It won't matter who had access to the international court during the war. Also, its not like the Palestinians haven't commited crimes against Israel. In fact they started the war in the first place because they didn't accept the state they are currently asking for.

So it was in response to Dan...

and?

How do you know I am not toiling and how do you know I am goyim?

Here let me give you the numbers in question just to save you the trouble. Not being much of a fan of this sort of morality by magnitude stuff, this is offered just as a matter of narrowing the numbers issue per se. What it means is anyone's guess.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

"August 4, 2005: An AWOL Israeli soldier killed four Israeli Arabs and wounded 12 on a bus in town of Shfaram. The shooter was killed by a mob that boarded the bus after the shooting. "

Whoops, how'd that one get on that list?

You can find the information you seek elsewhere.

But I can give you a short list related just to the illegal destruction of Palestinian homes;
  • Demolition of thousands of Palestinian homes, more than 50,000 civilians displaced.
  • Palestinian and international civilians killed and injured in such demolitions.
  • Construction of Israel's illegal separation-annexation wall.
  • Destruction of Palestinian olive groves and farmland.
  • Extensive construction of Israeli settlements that illegally consume Palestinian land.

Obviously your lists are longer, but most of the items on your list are not government actions, but acts of terrorism. It makes little sense to waste time arguing the relative offenses, it's all terrible. The illegal actions of the government of Israel are subject to international law however, but strangely no one has brought the cases. One thing UN membership would do is allow Palestine to represent themselves in court of International Law. This is a small but potentially significant aspect that wasn't pointed out so I did the pointing. :)

I thought this whole mess was started when the Russians, who were occupying New York State, right before they withdrew said that the Lenapes could have the Upper East Side, Flatiron, and the Village sections of Manhattan back.

Of course the non-Lenape New Yawkers who lived there were none too happy about it and tried to forcibly take their land back.

That's when the war started.

I thought this whole mess was started when the Russians, who were occupying New York State, right before they withdrew said that the Lenapes could have the Upper East Side, Flatiron, and the Village sections of Manhattan back.

Of course the non-Lenape New Yawkers who lived there were none too happy about it and tried to forcibly take their land back.

That's when the war started.

The Palestinians got a raw deal and weren't happy about. They, along with Arab countries, decided to go to war over it. In retrospect that was a bad decision. War usually is.

Back