Parting out totally rust-free 80 EFI

djcommie

24 Hours of LeMons weiner
Edit 1/2013: I am taking $300 cash for the whole car as-is, check my latest post in the thread!

Due to an egregious oversight on my part involving running distributorless without the blanking plug on the MS+EDIS 1980 proto-LeMons car, the engine seized. I spent most of last week disassembling it to sell some things, but now since the motor is either munched or needing tons of cash to fix, I'm putting all the non-required parts up for sale.

Short of the running gear, the entire car is for sale. There's two seats that could stand to be recovered, disassembled but complete 4 speed with axles, both the main and rear wiring harnesses that work 100%, fusebox with cover and all relays, working headlight hardware, decent rubber seals, EFI Hardware SOLD, alright condition taillight lenses, trim clips, perfect heater core/fan/etc, body panels, and basically everything else that a race car doesn't have. If the price is right, I'd be delighted to sell its nice 39K mile 5 speed trans and I expect a rebuildable 1.5L with Megasquirt on it. I even have a header, though its a bit junky.

Entertaining offers for whatever, I take paypal and can ship quickly. my eBay seller ID is the same as my username if that matters at all. Feel free to ask if I have something, some parts like the dash were total ly trashed but some other ususally rusty things are in good shape.

Car is Rosso Arancio with tan interior.

IMG00152-small.jpg

Last edited:
would you be willing to cut parts off the body or would you rather sell a complete shell?

I'm really hoping to stay somewhat within the rules for LeMons which is most body panels and silhouette being intact, but I wouldn't mind selling the hood, engine cover, trunk lid, etc for now, and if the car is destined to not be a racer, I'll consider cutting panels off.

Do you have a front grill and or front spoiler on it?

Grille yes, spoiler no. I don't remember the condition of the grille, I think its less than perfect. I'll take a picture and take notes for you :)

EFI parts and washer bottle are sold!

Last edited:
I just found a brand new Vitaloni Baby Tornado mirror in a box, I don't have any of the mounting hardware and it'd probably be better on a Spider rather than an X, but $40 shipped!

Also everything else is still available. Need a complete good wiring harness with no frayed, stiff or damaged wires? Good uncorroded fusebox? headlights motors? tail lights?

Parts

I'm looking for a coolant reservoir, (that doesn't leak, haha) and the top rear rubber seal for the targa top. The part that is on the top of the car not the top itself.

TIM

I'm looking for a coolant reservoir, (that doesn't leak, haha) and the top rear rubber seal for the targa top. The part that is on the top of the car not the top itself.

TIM

The coolant reservoir is pretty much junk, I use a Mk2 VW Golf bottle as its uses something similar hose sizes.

Are you talking about the seat you can see in one of the pictures? I can sell that, what are you looking to pay?

I am looking for the heater controls and panel and would take the whole instrument panel if you have it. Also glove box?

I'm looking for a windshield for the 86 fi 1.5 I just bought. Not too far from you, so picking it up might work as well.
Thanks!

header

Ia rhw header fixeble?? can you send me pics of it?? thanks i am interested in headers, tell me if you have it and how much will be to shipp to Los Angeles
Raphael

Coolant reservoir

I have a metal coolant reservoir - not stainless. Does not leak. $50 delivers it to your door. If you want it, PM me at mandlebaum at sbcglobal dot net.

Allen

I need a brake fluid reservoir and a heater core with the box if its still available. I kind of drilled into mine while trying to take my master cylinder.

brake reservoir

is the brake reservoir any good im looking for 1 if so ho much are you asking

Back