Pedal box plastic pedal rod

papydude

Daily Driver
Hey everyone, I recently remover the pedal box to replace the master cylinders. While dismantling to rebuild the box with rust repair and new paint, The tube that holds the clutch and brake pedals needed to be harshly removed, with a little heat to loosen the screw that keeps it in place and later finding it rusted or at least stuck to the actual box itself I had to resort to breaking it to get it out. I’ve searched through my usual three shops (Midwest, Rockauto and Vick auto) and couldn’t find anything, I’ve also checked my local Home Depot to no avail. I was wondering what anyone might’ve done or any ideas people have.

Thanks I’m advance

Midwest can do a lot of stuff that’s not on their website…. Call them, tell them your tale of woe. Also try FiatPlus, especially if you can find a part number to jumpstart the search on their website.

If all else fails, someone here will have a usable spare in a box somewhere.

Hey everyone, I recently remover the pedal box to replace the master cylinders. While dismantling to rebuild the box with rust repair and new paint, The tube that holds the clutch and brake pedals needed to be harshly removed, with a little heat to loosen the screw that keeps it in place and later finding it rusted or at least stuck to the actual box itself I had to resort to breaking it to get it out. I’ve searched through my usual three shops (Midwest, Rockauto and Vick auto) and couldn’t find anything, I’ve also checked my local Home Depot to no avail. I was wondering what anyone might’ve done or any ideas people have.

Thanks I’m advance
Bernice (@Rupunzell) machined a replacement from bearing bronze. Photos and dimensions here. You should also check Fiatplus. With Fiatplus and MWB, it is always a good idea to give them a call; they often have parts that are not (yet) listed in their web-stores.

Thank you so much, I’ll go check out a machine shop near me tomorrow, hopefully they’ll be able to do this pretty easily and I’ll finally have a moving car again.

That is a common problem. Sort of a case of plastic rusting to metal. :rolleyes:

I believe Eurosport also carries that bushing. If you cannot find a new one, I would recommend making one (either metal or plastic like delrin) rather than using a used one. It is a part that fails to much to risk with a used item.

I’ll go check out a machine shop near me tomorrow, hopefully they’ll be able to do this pretty easily
Easily, yes, but don't be surprised to find that's the high-cost approach. Especially considering
It would appear that Fiat Plus ( Obert & Co. ) have stock of the correct OE bushing:
I believe that is the correct part....Chris are you out there and can confirm ?? .although you dont state you need it for an X1/9 or what year.....
And seems to me that only $14 is the bargain of the year :D
4300240 is indeed the correct part - looked it up in one of my X1/9 parts books. Midwest has it used as well.

I had one machined when I did the pedal box mod for dual tandem masters. You need the notch cut into it to retain it, and it should be reamed not drilled. The bushing and shaft machine work was a couple hundred. I bought the raw stock, probably from McMaster Carr

Back