Peddle to the Floor

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
to day I was driving my X home from work. When at a stop light my clutch peddle would not come off the floor. I Had to reach down and pull it up. The rest of my way home was the same thing. Once home. I started to bleed out the system. But nothing still going to the floor. The same thing Happened to me in FL about 3 yrs ago. ended up being the master cylinder. So, It has a new one in it. I'm thinking the slave cylinder has gone bad. (its about 5 yrs old). Right now I have new one on order from Matt (What a great guy).

Are there any good tips on how to get this system working right(bleeding)? I'm realy tired of having to bleed it all the time. I'm starting to wonder if I just dont know how to Bleed right.

Thanks for any help in advance.

First step is to do a visual if you havn't done it yet

Both master and slave cylinders for any signs of fluid leak. If any from either cylinder they need to be replaced no matter what the age is. Is the resevoir full? If no fluid leaks are obvious and resevoir is full then more than likely the master is bypassing fluid past the fluid cups allowing no pressure.

For bleed procedures there are multiple posts. Go to the search to find them all.

good luck!

I recently went thru the same thing

It was my slave cylinder. I then had great difficulty properly bleeding. Everyone helped out and I successfully got the bleeding done. Look up the posts. Follow all the guidelines and I'm sure you'll get it fixed correctly also.
I also replaced my master, but in retrospect, I don't think it was bad. I just didn't bleed it properly after putting the slave in and thought the master was bad also.
Good luck.

Back