photos

bruakeman

True Classic
Once again this "Image Shack" feature has me puzzled. How the #$% do you use it or something else to include photos on our listings here? Like how do I create URLs to insert or what????
Give me a wrench I'll go do something greasy with it----------

posting pics

Go check what the setting is for your account preference on "Editor Interface" (this is in UserCP>EditOptions at the bottom of that options page) You will need to know this in a moment... or change the setting and click save on that page if you wish to use another editor option...

If the pic you want to post is already on the net on some server that allows 'hotlinking' (showing their files on another site) you can just get the url for that image (right click on the image in browser & select properties in IE) and use that as the "direct url" you need later, skip the upload bit below and proceed to the posting bit...

If the pic you want to post is NOT already on the net or their server disallows 'hotlinking', you can host a photo yourself, when you are on the "compose message" post/reply screen, under "Additional Options" you see widgets for imageshack and photobucket. Both are free, photobucket requires you have an account with them to load up images, imageshack has accounts but does not require you use one to upload, so I tend to describe the imageshack option for that reason, but whichever you prefer. For imageshack, click "Browse" and locate a file on your hard drive to upload, then click "host it". A new browser window should appear showing the resulting upload page from imageshack with numerous post code options. (Thank goodness they recently moved this from buried at the bottom) At the very top of the page there is one titled "DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE" or similar, you want that one, highlight and copy it then return to this site's editor window...

If your Xweb user account option is set to using the basic editor, you would use text codes typed in to make a pic url show in your post, by bookending the [ img][ /img] command around the direct url to the image file including http:// for example:
[ img]http://whateversite/anyfolders/image.jpg[ /img] (remove spaces)

If you are using the enhanced editor there is instead a yellow button in the editor text area toolbar (looks like a sunny mountain photo supposedly) you click that while composing your post, it pops up a box and you paste or type the direct url to your image in the box and press enter, it loads the image into your post text area.

Theres also a sort of cheater method for the posting bit if you are using the enhanced/wysiwyg editor, you dont necesssarily have to use the "mountain button" popup. If/once your image is online, nav to it, right click the image itself, select "copy" (instead of retrieving the url) then just click "paste" in the editor text area of your message here, it should appear.

Hope this helps? :)

Last edited:
I realize this is not "123 easy", I would not mind it being easier than it is, but due to the nature of our setup we have some limitations. Even here, it is pretty similar to how it worked at the old forum (basic is using bbcode instead of html, wysiwyg is pretty much unchanged). Once you know how, its not hard, just takes a little getting used to

Even easier...

On photobucket, if you mouse over the bottom of a pic in your album, several links will pop up in a window. The bottom one beginning with "IMG" is the one that works on Xweb. Copy, paste, presto!

Hope this helps.

thanks!

I was hoping a good photobucketeer would pop in to cover that option :D thanks!

I find posting photos easier than...

...operating a cell phone or digital camera.
Neither of which I can do.
But I can post photos...
MM

Testing 'cause I did not know how either

C:\Documents and Settings\Pat\Desktop\My Pictures\Kit Cars\1162093711-Front%20Side.jpg

Okay that didn't work did it? Shucks! Wonder how many steps I forgot:dunce:

The pic file has to be "uploaded" (aka copied) to a pic host service.

Once it's parked on the service, you can link to it.

Personally I just liked photobucket better than imageshack---IIRC at one time, just to see an imageshack pix that someone posted, you had to have an account there, which was a turn-off PITA.

austindad

You need to upload it :D

"C:\desktop" is a location on your hard drive, since Xweb cannot access your hard drive (you should be grateful for this hah) you need to do the upload step outlined above to imageshack or photobucket or any other server you have access to, then use the direct url which leads to the image file location on that web server in your "post" steps :)

nope

Imageshack has never required an account to upload or to view afaik. They do have user accounts available optionally but you do not need one at all to use it. There are an awful lot of ads on their site though, but if you are using direct link url here, you dont see any of them in your post :)

One more try, Sorry

1162093711front20side.jpg

OK, its blind pigs that find truffles too!

Is it a kit car? if so which kind?....

looks like a mix between a Ferrari P4? and a modern Lotus Elise...let us know more about it.....

Thanks for the link,..........

great looking kit.Do you know what engine configuration drived this car? i can tell its a midengine design like our X`s from the pics.......Thanks again,...

Back