Pics of my X by request.

Zona

Jase
Well since it's customary to post pictures of an X when you buy it here are some of my recent purchase, look for the threads I'll be creating in the workshop forum for the problems I have so far.

Engine could use a bit of cleaning but not bad overall.

I don't like random loose wires, anyone know what this goes to?

Need a new badge in the back, anyone selling?

Broke my lip driving it off the trailer. Oh well, more reason to go bumperless.

Lots of dings and small rust bubbles, looks like I'll need to practice my angle grinding skills. Good thing I have a beater with plenty of rust and plenty of dents to practice on.

Heater slider is not attached to anything and I'm not sure what that incandescent bulb is for.
DSC_0266.jpg

My fancy dancy aftermarket Blaupunkt tape deck is held in by the wiring harness, gravity, and a bit of friction (not very well mind you).
DSC_0270.jpg

The piece the radiator rests on is (from what I've seen thus far) the single rustiest piece on the car.
DSC_0261.jpg

Can someone tell me what this black crud is? I'm finding it all over the underside of the frunk lid, inside the trunk, on the antenna and this huge spot behind the antenna motor thingy.
DSC_0289.jpg

The bumper flare is bowed on one side but I'm taking it off anyways so no biggie.
DSC_0290.jpg

Slight bend on the engine lid but I think it can be fixed pretty easily
DSC_0281.jpg

I'll be honest... dislike.
DSC_0269.jpg

Anyone know of a way to remove this sticker without destroying it? It amuses me.

Your sticker says New Hampshire

My home state. That where you bought it from?
Nice photos.
The lamp inside the heater controls actually belongs inside a holder that sits behind the fan switch. It's illuminates the bezel.

Try using WD-40 to remove the sticker intact

When I lived in VA, people would steal the inspection stickers inside the windshield with WD-40! We had to slash the decals with a razor to keep the thieves at bay. Especially bad at Portsmouth shipyard.

I believe the goop in the trunk and other areas is the rustproofing the factory squirted into the voids.

great, congrats on the new X. Seems everyone breaks the lip one way or the other. The badges are available from several sources. Didn't know that car was in New Hampshire.

Thanks for posting Zona... looks like...

... ya got a real sweet ride there...

The engine cover will straighten easily by using that screwdriver's handle on the underside... and gently pushing up. Make sure all are up and away from the raintray so that air can better cirrculate. I've seen some that were almost crushed and closed all the way! (My wife useta set her purse on my cover thinking it was a convenient shelf or something!)

Anyway... If you will be doing mostly fair weather driving I suggest you remove the raintray altogether... But that's another subject.

One BIGGIE though is having a front spoiler... Its really needed not only to direct the airflow UP and through the radiator... but to also cause a low pressure area behind it so that the air will be sucked DOWN at speed.

Congrats on a great find!

The black crud I think is rust proofing...

I have some of the same stuff "leaking" out from various locations on my 86. Which looks very similar to yours when I got it including the same red interior, except it didn't have the Tron wheel covers (very hard to find). You can use Goof Off to remove it.

There is a Duplicolor Vinyl/Fabric spray that you can use to change the upholstery to black. I have a can but haven't done it yet. Others have though.

Nice car!

Doesn't look to be in bad nick at all - have you checked the floor pans, spare tire well & wells on either side of the engine cover for rust?

I don't like random loose wires, anyone know what this goes to?

Does not look factory (don't think they used zip-cord) probably a vestige of a speaker installation, alarm or some other installation done by a previous owner.

Hey! My X has that same stupid light bulb laying in exactly the same spot! It's on all the time and is the brightest thing in the cockpit at night. I figured it must have fallen out from somewhere, but have been too busy with other problems to do anything about it. Looks like a nice rust-free car. Congrats!

Back