Poll

FYI... there is a function on this Forum to create polls that are easy to tally... Go to:

Help
Reading and posting messages
Creating and participating in polls

...then just read the instructions.

I'll answer anyway

My 1986 still has the original paint, ZERO RUST
and the original factory leather interior / seats in good condition.
I also have factory AC.

Not installed in my car was factory center brake light and spoiler.
(and I'm glad they were both omitted!)

Last edited:
Mine does.

Still original paint, white with gray, with a red interior. Still less than 30,000 miles on it too. I think that all the 83 & 84's had the leather interior as standard. Later, in an attempt to reduce the prices, the leather was made into an option.

On my cars

1) Two of five have original paint. Two more have been carefully repainted in the same color (good enough, in one case, that I had to ask the PO if the car had been repainted). The fifth has a crappy color-changing paint job.

2) All five have 100% of the original leather, still as new and glossy as the day the car left the factory. OK, that's pretty easy because they're '74s and 100% of zero is still zero:D

1. Yes, original paint and interior

DSCN3623.jpg

2. not leather, but do have a new (still in Fiat bags) leather interior for a future project.

While I appreciate your efforts, you are not helping your argument that your x is worth more than someone is willing to pay.

Just as a reference point, I bought the above car with 9900 orig miles on it a few years ago for $4000.

To be precise

While I appreciate your efforts, you are not helping your argument that your x is worth more than someone is willing to pay.

To be precise, "more than someone on Xweb is willing to pay".

That's an important distinction, as xweb is a better place to learn about exxies than it is to sell them.

Suppose you wanted to sell an X for top dollar. Would you reach out to people who already own one (or two, or three, or more than they can already store and use) and try to convince them that they need another one? Or would you reach out to people who don't own an X at all, but have suddenly realized, when they look at your fine example, that they want one? And which group are we? :)

A corollary is that prices and valuations of X's will not go up unless the number of people who want to be X owners goes up.

No brainer for me...

at 130,000 miles and a 1% touch of rust your X value drops substantially irregardless of what options it came with...

Even if it was Nuccio's personal driver :laugh:

Geez.

You can't even ask a question on this board with a bunch of nancys trying to take you apart.

This board will be the death of the X1/9.

I can hear the car crusher now.

Thanks Guys.

Geez.

You can't even ask a question on this board with a bunch of nancys trying to take you apart.

As I recommended, you should of just created a poll using the Forum tools... less opportunity for "comments" and thread hijacking...

Last edited:
My '79 has original paint...

... somewhere I'm sure...

But it never came with factory leather... only the cheapest virgin vinyl ever made on earth.

Back