Post-repair drive...

budgetzagato

Administrator
Finally got the car back together, just in time for a trip up north to the monthly Fiat Enthusiasts Northwest meeting.

Backtracking, I got the car back together night before last, but as I was cleaning up, noticed dampness at the right rear tire. Turns out the caliper was leaking. Disassembled enough to clean the inside, inspect the seal and reassemble with no further leak. Next morning, same thing other side. Same fix. There was an amazing amount of gunk in there despite thorough bleeding. Should have known. I'll add new seals to my wish list.

Noticed the seal around the windshield was poorly done so I dug out what I could and resealed with PL until I can afford a new glass.

Drove down the road and back to tentatively check for brake function and other potential problems. All seemed good. Packed the trunk with tools, spare tire, jack, coveralls etc. just in case.

The drive north (about 120 miles round trip) was fun, if a bit loud. This thing has a brutally loud exhaust. As of yet no radio, so I resorted to listening to my ipod radio with one earphone until its battery died. The cigar lighter is too deep for my cord adapter. So installing the stereo is next I think.

There is a bit of a chilly breeze from under the dash, I think I need to close off the holes to the front trunk. That and get a new thermostat, I think the one I have is sticking open.

Still need a driver's side seat belt, the Schroth harness is not practical for everyday driving.

So far so good!

Back