POST YOUR AVERAGE MPG

14???????

I could never do much better than 10. But that motor is worth it (easy for me to say-- I don't have to feed one).

Sure would love to have a super-clean low mileage '91. Love those cars.

///Mike

Not a bad car...

...but it's not an X. Very heavy! No problems picking an entry place on an on ramp, for sure. It does move out. Best $1000 car I have ever bought! Yeah, a 91 would have been nice. Still surprised how inexpensive these cars are to buy. Fastest production automatic trans car in the world in 1986.

Last edited:
Never run mine with teh top on, and I do not drive it regularly.

On teh way to FFO 08 (about 800 miles each way) I got 32 mpg.

FFO08065.jpg

for comparisons sake, my trip to FFO 89 in a relatively low mileage 85 x-1/9, and with the top on and windows up (mostly drive at night and it was cool), I got 41 mpg.

Bertone.jpg

About 35

Tank after tank in an '81 injected daily driver with about 10.1 compression, good valve grind, port matched and a small cam with adjustable pulley - I accelerate, uh, "briskly" but do not drive particularly fast.

Now my 1.8 131 completely stock? Maybe 24 (ugh!) not much better than my F150.

Checking for the first time after cleaning the carb, I got 5,7l/100km (41mpg). With only short drives over the last tank, this sounds too good to be true. Before the overhaul it was around 10 liters/100km (23.5mpg)...
-81 1500, 34DATR

Back