Posting in others FS threads in the FSW section

abec

Wil
The one issue that has been a repeated occurrence here, people posting products for sale in other peoples threads. I even see people jumping into other peoples threads even when they already posted a thread of their own. This behavior is not allowed on any other forums that I frequent, nor should it be here. The only appropriate place to post for sale items would be your own thread, or a wanted thread where someone is asking for that item.

I think this issue can be self moderated, though I think our mods should take a more active stance in deleting such types of posts in the fsw section if they continue to be an issue.

Ya know Wil...

In MOST cases I would agree... But I believe in MOST cases here, the venders respond in the spirit of trying to HELP first, and then make a sale.

As this site continues to EXPLODE, I must agree there is a need to departmentalize it and generally speaking... when SELLING or BUYING is the primary issue... the ads do indeed belong in the FS&W section.

I'd still like to see the venders respond when there is a NEED for repairs though... in both the DF and WF forums... It still kinda works, IMHO.

I'll agree with Wil, my posting of EBC Yellow pads turned into a discussion of using Mazda pads after machining and offers to provide the service :hrmph:

Yeah sorry about the Mazda thing Mark...

I'll agree with Wil, my posting of EBC Yellow pads turned into a discussion of using Mazda pads after machining and offers to provide the service :hrmph:

That was bad etiquette on my part. It was something I always wondered about and when it came up, I asked about it. But I should have started a new thread. I'll know better next time. My apologies.

Pete

Thanks Wil, that is how I see it on other boards as well. XWEB should be no different. I uderstand the need or wanting to help, but the original post gets lost in the scuffle quite quickly. In the end, nothing is resolved, bought nor sold.

Posting product in your own thread, and posting in a thread specifically asking for product are the only two places where you should be trying to sell or promote. The topic of conversation for those threads should focus on the product offered in the original post, simple as that.

If someone is selling product X and someone is asking questions about how X compares to Y then that fits into that thread perfectly, but it should remain about X without seller of product Y chiming in that he has Y.

Back