Posting pics....

Karfrik

Albert
Never got to do it in the old forum,1.0,gave up on that several times after trying,no patience.Tried here and seems we still need to unload pics in Imageshak in order to do it? same thing as the old forum then?
I know i got to unload pics for my signature and some other stuff from my pc but its not showing up.
So please pardon my computer ignorance and can someone give me an easy tutorial then on how to do it?.....Thanks

"easy"(?) pics tutorial

First it depends whether you are using the "basic" or the "advanced/wysiwyg" editor (this is also just like N54 was, you can set which editor you want to use in UserCP>EditOptions

Then in the basic editor (just a plain text entry area pretty much) you would use the bbcode
tags surrounding the image url, or you can paste any of the imageshack codes labeled "(1)" in their results into the text window

And in the wysiwyg editor you can still do the "(1)" paste-in but to use a bare/direct url you have to use the yellow "mountain" button in the editor to paste the url into and that will load the image into the editor screen, otherwise it will just appear as a clickable url link.

About posting pics themselves yes for the moment at least it is "just like 1.0", you can upload to imageshack photobucket wherever and take the resulting url and paste it in your text here.

The only "other" difference here that I'm aware of (so far, until we do something to hack it - soon likely) is that you cannot "just" paste a bare/direct url in and get it to just show up like N54 did. We are going to fix that as well, just haven't gotten there yet.

So as an example:

If my pic url (in this example I'm using the "DIRECT LINK TO YOUR IMAGE" code imageshack returns upon upload, the one at the very bottom of the results page labeled "Show advanced linking / DO NOT USE" lol) were:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8687/welcomepf4.jpg

Then in the basic editor I would need to put
behind .jpg with no spaces anywhere in there. Doing that causes the link to be 'parsed' (automatically turned into your image being displayed instead of just the link).

And in advanced/wysiwyg I would instead have to take that link and paste it in via the "yellow mountain" button in the editor (just the url, no bbcode)...

SO in whatever editor I selected in options, following the above, if I do it right, instead of a link, I'll get...

welcomepf4.jpg

I know it's a lot to sort through but once you get the hang of it it's not so hard :)

And as always feel free to just post and ask ;)

about signature pic

You also mentioned having a problem with your signature pic? Did you paste a url in there? If so try adding the
tags to it if in basic or put the url in the mountain/"insert" button in advanced and see if that works. Let me know

Thank you Dierk

The couple of times I tried it it seemed to time out, I will give it another look later, it does seem like a worthwhile option - thanks!

Back