Product Endorsements... "Back to Black"

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
On the X, I've been known to encourage folks to pull most hard and soft rubber products and refinish them with Duplicolor's Dyes and Paints... Specifically Vinyl and Fabric Spray, and Trim Black.

On my wife's 2003 Pilot, it has a Roof Rack made of Plastic, Aluminum and Rubber that has turned white from fading, oxidation, and waxes, looking a bit ragged.

I've heard of Mother's Back to Black "polish", (for lack of a better word...) and purchased some at WalMart today for about $5.50.

Easy on, easy off... worked GREAT on all the surfaces. If you are not into pulling the parts to refinish them, which in the case of the Pilot, wasn't practical... then I would highly recommend this product for all the BLACK surfaces on our cars.

Secondly... Meguier's Tire Dressing in the big AEROSOL CAN works great also. No rags, no on and off, no nothing. Just spray it on and wipe off any extra that may hit the wheel. The "shine" usually lasts for a couple of weeks, rather than just a couple of days! I believe I paid a bit over 6 bucks for a can last week... at Kragen... and again, they gave me a Military (Veteran's) Discount of 10%. Don't forget to ask if you qualify.

Lastly... Summit Racing... I ordered a set of KYB struts all around for the X... prices have gone up a bit over the years from a low of $49 apiece a few years back. They now ask $61 and shipping cost $12 (surface) for all four, got here in 5 days... and surprize... a $20 dollar discount on my next order of $100 or more before next June.

Just thought I'd share...

KYB shocks

Thanks for the endorsements.

Are these the early strut inserts, or the later type including the strut structure?

I am contemplating the PBS approach to lowering the front which would require the early type strut inserts.

Paul Davock

Paul... they are the "structure"...

... as you call it.

I haven't seen jus the INSERTS in years... and I bought a set of two about 10 years ago form Pep Boys for about 29 bucks each.

I was fortunate also to have rebuildable struts on the front of my car... I have seen several that are not, and several that had a MIX of both!

I doubt that you will be able to find them anymore unless they are found in a dusty corner of a Mom & Pop parts store.

I also found some equal or better prices for the KYB's on eBay but I am not familiar with the sellers or their shipping charges. They may all be good, but I can only speak to my experience...

Let us know if you do indeed find any catridges or other suppliers you might recommend.

Back