progress on x1/9

chrisrey86

Low Mileage
x19001.jpg

p/o hacked some wiring up, used factory light switch as a "kill" switch,(like someone would steal it):drink:. we stripped off all smog componets and got it running. smokes a lil on start up(maybe pad seals.) ran warm real fast, radiator was cool to the touch, we pulled the thermostat housing off to find it clogged and a nice hole in the cover. i need to find a cover if anyone has one laying around. if a new thermostat doesnt fix it im thinking water pump. the pipe that runs on the backside of block was rusted out. i found one off a 76 in juckyard but it didnt have the connections for heater hose or egr or water choke for the carb. i tried making my own and i warped the flange.:mallet:. so i need to find out where to route my heater hose. car ran a little rough and didnt like to idle...

just had to remove some goofy diamond plating form the interior. i have the door panels. i need the heater and a/c controls(missing)

It sure is a 79.funny thing is the previous owner bought it by the beach off a joy jernagen. Might be a small world.original color is silver.

:rolleyes2:Ok Yes that was my Car. There is lots to talk about her but I am on the way out the door. I will say the only Mod I have on that car is I personally Painted the car and I Personally Installed the exhaust. The car was bone stock when I sold it to her.. So it is obvious that She did some major Pot Smoking..:rolleyes2:.

Well. This girl was like 19 years old when she purchased it from me and I must have been about 25 so Unless her she had the son at a very young age.. Well who knows..:rolleyes2:........... It was the first car I ever Painted at Earl Sheib. I paid the employee discount of 90 dollars to paint the car. I actually took extra time to make sure I prepped it correctly knowing that the Shieb paint wasnt the best quality but that a solid color like yellow would hold up over time. I painted this car in 1998 Spring so I would say its holding up pretty well. I found the car parked in the back of Broadway Volkswagen in Oakland where I worked the summer of 97 as a salesman. I paid the guy 350 bucks for the car. All I did is do some maintence and drive it. I sold it for 1100 dollars to that Crazy Girl "Joy" She took a flight from LAX to SFO and took a cab to where the car was to buy it from me. She said she was going to drive it home to Los Angeles.. And thats the last I ever heard from her....:huh2:

What year did you buy this car Chris???

Here she is the day I painted her...And I sold her with the Pana Sports...
So My rep is intact for selling something that looks halfway decent..LOL..

I didnt bother covering up the original exhaust Because I knew I was going to replace it...

842333636105_0_ALB.jpg

Rey... is this your son's car?

Except for the obvious t-stat and pipe leaks... he's gonna need a decent front spoiler if he expects it to run cool once he gets it rolling.

Might try doing a compression test also, then run some ATF down the carb and see if that might cure the smoking problem...

Yes, this is Chris Reys car, I think he did it because I have a yellow x, lol. Now its in my driveway trying to be made road worthy. He is becoming as bad as me with multipul Fiats. Just another car blocking mine in the garage at the other end of the drive. We need to work out a few issus before we need to worry about the missing spoiler. Like maybe taking that truck grill off the front end. And maybe finish removing all the diamond plating and chrome tubes that I just dont understand. Also need to remove the yellow paint off the headlights.

Why so angry? Thats the least of that cars issues. We can take it off right now if you send us a replacement. Seriously though, we are more concerened aboiut getting it running properly first. You should have seen all the chrome tubing and diamond plate before we removed. It would have made you go postal.

Chris, I think you need a beer....

Kind of an interesting look with the wheel. Sort of a F1 look to it.

Now, the chrome tubing in from the firewall to the ebrake is interesting!

By the way, I think you need a larger woofer behind the passenger! Not quite enough to push them through the windshield!

Great to see the pictures! Keep them coming.

Eric

There actually wasnt a woofer there, just mdf and a speaker cover covering the entire rear of the cabin. all that stuff is now at the curb waiting for the trash man.

Chris... Notice how Eric uses...

... the word "Interesting" to say he same thing, and even THINK the same thing... you do... without OFFENDING anyone...

See... we can all be "nice" and get along...

... and BTW, I find most of your posts "extremely interesting"... wondering where yur gonna stick your foot next!

Now go be gud!

HA!

Haha.ya ill admit I've been around with different fiats.but I'm stickin with the x and my 850.I wonder where the panasports went ? I just need to get it driveable and registered . So I can finish rebuild on my 903 for my 850.to answer jj I've only owned the car 3 wks. The owner I got it from was the one who purchased it off joy.that's where the car went south.its missing AC and heater controls. Goofy guy + fiat = disaster. From year pic it looked like a nice car. Too bad.

What! So I speak my mind. Nothing wrong with that is there? I think the world could use more of that.

As long as I dont have to stick my foot under my clutch pedal anytime soon I'll be happy.

Big difference between speaking your mind and being insulting or intentionally abrasive.

I've been around hear for a while (circa 2001) and it pretty easy to see when the old timers are suggestion to cool it a little. You have a lot to offer, but much to learn.

Peace,
Kevin

You bet I insulted the Previous Owner......Whoever molests a car like that needs to be stopped so he can never do it again.:guns:

Yeah, just not seeing it as a productive way to express yourself, and fending off more people than it embraces....

You know, some folks probably think my white guage faces are a molestation of the "pure" and "original" intent of Fiat / Bertone....

Back