progress on x1/9

o k . back to the topic at hand. car is dead in the water right now. trying to locte a cap for the metal tank and a thermostat cover.

I have an extra one but you have to come visit me... I would just part it and move on... I want my exhaust back...LOL..:doh:

hmmmmm, your trying to fill a hole and you want me to visit. that causes me to pause. the exhaust is actually one of the good points on the car, has lots of bad points. what do you have, the therm cover or the cap for the metal tank. this car needs so many parts, its scary.i do like the brown interior though.

I have a stock 74 exhaust system that might actually add power...:)

I really just want you to come over with that exhaust and let me take it off yer hands...

Naw but seriously I may have some caps around...I think you really need the cap with the pressure relieve valve. Just get one at pepboys...

haha exaust aint going nowhere.lol.u can have the steering wheel:thumbsup:
if i get out of work early enought one day maybe i can cruise through.

I wish I had more pics of that car before I sold it.. I think I will search for some...:)

Now here is a funny steering wheel.. Chris..

MVC-894F.jpg

wow:huh2:. im speechless...thats horrible lol. must be the same owner. ill be at my dads this saturday working on the x ifu wanna stop by.im gonna pressure wash engine, install thermostat , tune-up. maybe take it on a test run if all goes well.

Austin Allegro

That one (or two) individuals would customize their steering wheel by cutting off chunks of it is one thing. But how could a team of presumably seasoned professionals at British Leyland let this rounded rectangle make it into production?

Austin_Allegro_Interior_with_Quartic_steering_wheel.jpg

3484824762_0688efdab8.jpg

That one (or two) individuals would customize their steering wheel by cutting off chunks of it is one thing. But how could a team of presumably seasoned professionals at British Leyland let this rounded rectangle make it into production?

We should call up British Leyland and ask them... oh wait...they tanked their own company due to bad marketing, poor execution, and mismanagement.... DOH ...

i installed thermostat , new plugs today. fired up and ran smooth but the gasket on carb was leaking a lot of fuel. i put a wanted carb ad in the FS forum. i took of that horrible 79 carb and manifold. hopeing to replace it with something nice... also pressure washed the engine bay. cleaned up nice, i will post pics tomorow. wish i had before and after pics. the motor was filthy.

Pressure washing

Hi, kudos on your work today, looking forward to seeing your pics. I've been wanting to pressure wash my engine also but am a bit scared I might ruin something. Did you do anything in particular as far as protecting any electrics? Also, did you use a degreaser or soap and water?

Thanks,
Michael L

A degreaser.I really don't cover any wiring at all.I've done about 20 cars and never ruined anything.I had to dry out dizzy cap once.give it a shot.its worth it's

This thread is very funny so far.
And the styling on the car looks... interesting. The steering wheel in particular. Extremely, tremendously interesting.:)

Back