Progress Report Engine.....

Bobr

My Toy
Spent an hour at the machine shop today. I will have the block in the morning Sat. Looking at balancing the pistons, Rods, Crank, Flywheel, and Pressure Plate....Is it worth the 250.00:eyepop:
Will post pics of the clean block(honed and tanked) pre paint......:)
These guys build 1000+ hp engines and were impressed with the design in the oil delivery.......

Rebuilding the engine

Rebuild head(by Matt, his high perf.) 40/80 cam. Dual DCNF40's PBS intake. IAP header.

Nice!

Is the machine shop lightning your flywheel? Something like 2 pounds of material was taken off of mine!

Guess I got the specs wrong......

Talked to Delta and the specs are
D * 50 240
Lift 400
40/80 80/40
A bit of differance......:confused:

Looking at starter jets Main 125, AC 190.......

No Block today

:rolleyes2: they ordered the wrong size freeze plugs.......Could have got them last week for them........I thing I will have the rotating mass balanced....(pistons, Rods, Crank, Flywheel, and Pressure plate. I will try to be on site when they do it and post pics.......:)

Oil Pump

Looks fairly simple....Plan on putting a washer on the releaf spring to boost the pressure....

Medium gray...

...or grey.
I prefer gloss black to hide all the dirt on my motor.
stroker2.jpg

the factory color is grey, and thats what i prefer because you can spot leaks early on.
015.jpg

and some west coast bling
005-2.jpg

Pistons....#3

Finishing cleaning the carbon off the pistons. #3 looks like something fell into the chamber. Nics on the top....Should I replace it? They are all going out to be balanced to .25grams..... Thanks much, Bobr

Its like blueprinting the engine

Each part of the rotating mass is balanced to .25 grams. Each piston( a piston weighs about 420 grams), rod (over 550 grams), Flywheel, presure plate, crankshaft, front pully, etc....With the newer equiptment out today you are able to get everything closer than you could in the 80's. I think the engine would run a little smoother especially at higher revs.
Bobr

1/4 gram?

Not po po-ing the intention, but there's likely a greater difference in the amount of oil being retained by each piston/rod assembly. Good on you for the accuracy, not sure if it will bear fruit.

Back