Project cooling, continued

I would call it...

Insertable Cooling pump Booster Module, or ICBM for short. :grin:
Or you could call it the Insertable Intercooler Pump Assembly (IPA module)
Or simply BBrown's Insertable Coolant Pump Booster. That's what it is... -whatever you like.
I can think of several. :bla:

Since all my mods are "insertable" to the original equipment without permanent modification to the car.
(No "permanent" mods, my #1 rule!)

OK, I can't bite my lip any longer..

Insertable Cooling pump Booster Module, or ICBM for short. :grin:
Or you could call it the Insertable Intercooler Pump Assembly (IPA module)
Or simply BBrown's Insertable Coolant Pump Booster. That's what it is... -whatever you like.
I can think of several. :bla:

Since all my mods are "insertable" to the original equipment without permanent modification to the car.
(No "permanent" mods, my #1 rule!)

You always break your #1Rule!
All your mods are permanent since NO ONE will ever remove them. ( why would they) And what is with 29k miles. (drive that thing) Cooling is not an issue when the car never leaves the trailer.
Sorry, OK, I got it off my chest.
I am really in trouble now, since you have more "friends" than anyone on the forum.

For me the driving is the fun, for you it is the challenge of the modification and that is great.
I must respect that you should do as you please. It is your car after all.

I like Insertable coolant pump booster, and since it is your mod, you get to name it. (too bad the abreviation is not as catchy as the others)

Love ya
Bob

Bob... I swear I didn't tell him to say that!

I swear... He just doesn't realize that it was RAINING yesterday in New Hampshire is all... and if it ain't raining its snowing or hailing or something... and then half the time if ya ain't inventing digital lighting mods yur traveling the world or the country...

But he's RIGHT... for a SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN!

HA!

Now ya done it BobT,

You always break your #1Rule!
All your mods are permanent since NO ONE will ever remove them. ( why would they) And what is with 29k miles. (drive that thing) Cooling is not an issue when the car never leaves the trailer.
Sorry, OK, I got it off my chest.
I am really in trouble now, since you have more "friends" than anyone on the forum.

For me the driving is the fun, for you it is the challenge of the modification and that is great.
I must respect that you should do as you please. It is your car after all.

Giving away my one true secret... "the removable mod that will never get removed" -Ha! You caught me, I have to admit.
But I have in fact removed a couple items, like the halogen headlights I installed, then replaced with LED's. :hmm2:
And the driving lights... I guess I didn't get it right the first time. (Some might say I didn't get it right the second time either! :blackeye: Ha!)

At least the option is there... and your right... NO ONE will ever remove them. Well, almost no one.
I laugh when I think about reversing the headlight mod. "Hey, let's burn up some wires and switches while giving my headlights this really cool orange glow". :D

My wife asks me when I'm going to drive the car. I bought it with 27,275 miles on it almost 10 years ago.
Fact is I'm having so much fun working on it that driving becomes more of a "test run" than anything else.
We need more get-togethers in New England to give me the incentive to drive more.
When I owned my 1974 'back in the day', I knew nothing about these cars and paid a ransom fee to keep it on the road.
I feel accomplished with what I've gained since owning this particular one and simply love making (what I feel are) improvements.
It's my therapy of sorts. Working on Industrial software applications can drive you nuts! :wacko: My friend Jim Decker will understand, I'm sure...

So now that you've got that off your chest, can I go ahead and install the electric ignition from Allison's Automotive? It's a safety issue you know... We don't want a spark source sitting beside the fuel lines now, do we? :eek:
This will be the first replacement part in my engine bay that isn't (can I say it?! ) an x1/9 stock part. Then-again, I guess the stainless fuel lines aren't either. :hrmph: But I'll have to live with that one...

Hey BobT, if you're ever in the neighborhood, I'll let YOU drive it, but I must warn you: modifications can be habit-forming. :sigh:
Thanks again for your comments.

I found a domestic listing for a pump with these specs
Seems like it should work, but it's almost 5" long - did you measure the over length of your pump?

No, I didn't measure it at all. My goal was to find the smallest, yet most reliable pump I could get my hands on.
The pump I chose is really small and puts out a good amount of pressure. If I were to guesstimate, I'd say the pump I chose is about 3.5" long.

When you look at my photos, you'll see that the most critical dimension is the space taken by the diameter and not the length.
I'm sure you can get others to fit. A tighter elbow will also buy you a bit more space, but don't make it too tight a turn.

The stainless pipe I used was meant for an exhaust. I got it on eBay for about 20 bucks. 1.5"I.D.
Working with Stainless however, is a chore. I did this during the Winter when I had the time to spare.
Welding in the nipples took a whole day. (I'm not as fast as I am careful!) Plus the time to make it look "pretty".

Good luck!

Working on Industrial software applications can drive you nuts!

Bob YOU ARE NUTS!!! :D you gotta be. I know the last thing I want to do when not at work is..... electrical anything.

Back