PSA---Good Source For Oetiker Clamps

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
No association with seller, just a Public Service Announcement.

eBay seller that stocks a nice assortment of stainless steel Oetiker clamps and sells in smaller lots. When I was looking for these clamps to use on my fuel injection system, I could only find bigger suppliers that sold them in packs of 25 or 100. This seller does lots as small as 10 which suits the home/hobby mechanic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331038223477

OK Dan... You PRONOUNCE it... "O-E-TI-KER"???

...and do these require a special tool?

I've never seen this kind of clamp before...

Thanks

They are used in the vapor/low pressure side of the FI fuel system, and maybe on carbed cars, too. I found these to work nicely for clamping the stainless braided fuel injection lines I used on my car, has a smaller profile and looks more OEM than your average "fuel injection hose clamp".

Each size has a very narrow application range. Uses a special Oetiker clamp tool, but the tool looks almost identical to a pair of end nipper pliers.

I would pronounce it "oh tick er."

Ahhhh... I see. These are "one-time" clamps like...

they use on assembly lines because they are: 1) good, 2) fast, and 3) who cares if they are difficult to remove and replace and special tools need to be bought to refit the hoses.

HA!

Well done... and an excellent find... especially for the restoration artist.

Whilst working on a Dodge Ram something-or-other a few years back we needed to purchase a special clamp tool to remove and install a fuel filter, under the car, midway between the tank in the back and the engine way up front.

I believe the tool cost more than the filter...

Back