Quick resistor rotor to non resistor rotor conversion

I discovered that using my non resistor rotor creates enough EMI to disturb the advance measuring circuitry on my timing light. I had to route the pickup wire away from the ignition side of the engine in order for it to read correctly. Forget about AM radio reception unless you are really close to the station.

I'm using magnetic suppression (helically wound) wires so the resistance between the coil secondary is really low. I would guess the results would be different with resistor wires. The maker of the timing light, MAC, warns of interference issues with non resistor wires.

Hi...searching for a resistorless rotor for my 1978 3.0 SC. Would anyone be able to affirm if the VW rotor in the connection will accommodate my merchant?

All VW locales alludes to the "Bosch 009 wholesaler" however I haven't had the option to crossreference and comprehend if rotors for the 009 merchant will accommodate my merchant.

order pcb assembly

Last edited:
Hi...searching for a resistorless rotor for my 1978 3.0 SC. Would anyone be able to affirm if the VW rotor in the connection will accommodate my merchant?

All VW locales alludes to the "Bosch 009 wholesaler" however I haven't had the option to crossreference and comprehend if rotors for the 009 merchant will accommodate my merchant.
Unfortunately there are lots of Bosch VW rotors, and lots of Bosch Porsche rotors, most of which are not interchangeable. You'll need to find a part number that fits your specific distributor. The "Bosch 009" is a general reference to the style of distributor and does not specify any one application. Try looking on the Pelican Parts forum, there is a lot of good info there.

It should not be difficult to convert are resistor rotor to a resistorless one.
Very true. However for Bosch distributors they are readily available both ways. So if a new rotor is needed anyway then it's easier to get one without it.

That is a much better situation than finding one for a Ducelier distributor. The Bosch rotor I have actually looks easier to mod since both ends of the resistor are connected to brass. It would be easy to solder a wire across it.

Back