Race extinguisher and Battery Disconnect Switch

emrliquidlife

True Classic
I have a few odd race parts for sale. I did list these on ebay, but of course, I discount for my family.

Battery Disconnect Switch. Heavy Duty, with one terminal of battery cable included. German made, though I don't recognize the logo. Has an M and W fitted. Came off a Celica Race Car. $25.
IMG_0595.jpg

Simpson Race Exntinguisher system with 5lb Halon and Two Port Nozzle
$80. Includes mounting strap and pull handle. You will need a L Bracket and Pull Handle for the use end.
IMG_0591.jpg

didnt we all discuss this last month? And determine that the halon was seriously dangerous to your health if you use it? I have it in my black race car and am considering having it removed and something else in its place... Not sure but others more knowledgeable may want to chime in. If it was me I would call the fire department and ask where I could dispose of that thing........

didnt we all discuss this last month? And determine that the halon was seriously dangerous to your health if you use it? I have it in my black race car and am considering having it removed and something else in its place... Not sure but others more knowledgeable may want to chime in. If it was me I would call the fire department and ask where I could dispose of that thing........

I missed the last discussion of Halon but it is very safe. The reason it is no longer available is because it is an ozone depleting chemical not because of any safety concerns. Halon extinguishers are still recommend for aircraft.

Here are several links on Halon safety.

http://www.h3raviation.com/news_extinguishing_your_risk.htm

http://www.h3rcleanagents.com/support_faq_2.htm

Geez JJ, did you eat a scoop of mean for breakfast. Yes it was discussed. Just because you are not comfortable doesn't mean someone else isn't.

I'll go $105 for the parts, then whatever actual FedEx shipping is. I have the Halon system on eBay starting at $99. So you got a $20 savings right there. The box will likely be a 13" cubed box weighing 12 odd pounds. I want to double box the extinguisher. I found another mounting clip and the cable pull sheath.

Looks like the Halon System is sold. It is pending payment. Rooster, if you are still interested, you have first refusal. I still have the starter switch.

Ed

Back