Rare! Astrali steering wheel

Eastep

True Classic
Very rare, vintage Astrali "Successor II" 13in steering wheel. Hand sewn/ made in the UK. Fits 124, 850, 128 and X1/9. I was planning to use it, but I just can' bring myself to do so. I figure it' made it this long unused. Ill let someone else pop its cherry. Since I have other aspects of my project, which require funding, I'm not afforded the luxury of hording rare and cool parts. Yet. So I must liquidate this very cool and very rare steering wheel. I paid around $200-250 for this a year or two ago, and felt it was a fair deal for an NOS rare wheel, and as such I'm Asking $200 obo. Will look great in any car or collection.

IMG_20171231_142825.jpg

IMG_20171231_142925_2.jpg

IMG_20171231_142935_2.jpg

That wheel would be PERFECT for an 87+ car----keeps the three-spoke motif of the late padded wheel but replaces the ho-hum stock padding with the much more classic "lightening hole" metal look.

I like the look of this wheel, but for any X1/9 '83 and newer the "Fiat" logo wouldn't look quite right on a "Bertone".

I'm sure a "Bertone" decal or emblem could be crafted or scourced. I think this emblem is removable. I'l double check later this afternoon, as I have to go to storage and tinker on the car, anyway.
FYI eBay has Bertone logo and "b" wheel center cap metal decals in 42mm, which can be modified.

Last edited:
I like the look of this wheel, but for any X1/9 '83 and newer the "Fiat" logo wouldn't look quite right on a "Bertone".

If you don't want to see "FIAT" on your Bertone, don't look in the engine bay.
IMG_0585.jpg
Cleverly hidden from view with a floppy metal plate with the FI emissions info on it, until the floppy cover flops off after 20 or so years. I had a crazy rattle noise in my 86 engine bay until I found that one of the tabs for the plate had fatigued over the years and broken. I removed the cover and VIOLA!, still a Fiat. :eek::D:p

I'm sure a "Bertone" decal or emblem could be crafted or scourced. I think this emblem is removable. I'l double check later this afternoon, as I have to go to storage and tinker on the car, anyway.
FYI eBay has Bertone logo and "b" wheel center cap metal decals in 42mm, which can be modified.

Henk has many "gingerbread" items with nicely done Bertone badges on them in several sizes, there's likely one that would fit into or cover up the FIAT logo.

I love how we get fixated on the center badge and not the wheel itself. Proves we are true Fiat enthusiasts. :)

I like that it's Fiat, as well. Never been a huge fan of badge rengineering, but I digress. This wheel is not a removable hub style wheel. This was made bespoke for Fiat vehicles, which is IMO, so much cooler then more mass produced wheels of this vintage.

This was made bespoke for Fiat vehicles
Just to reaffirm, this means it is made to mount directly to the X like a stock factory wheel does; no hubs or adapters needed. This is good, it will have the proper turn signal cancelling and horn lead connections so everything will work correctly (not always the case with some aftermarket 'generic fit' wheels). I'm not much of a 124 guy, but I believe some (early?) 124's can also use this wheel as a direct fit? If so you might try marketing it to that crowd on the other forum as well.

Your correct. Is says 124 and 850 on the box. It also fits most Lada, X1/9, 128 & 126 as well. I'm not an active member of any other class Fiat forums. I think I'm on mirifiori <?

I would consider trades/partial trades for some parts I need/want.
Needed/Wanted:
• 1300 engine cover and vents
• 2x DCNF rebuild kits with or without enrichment pump covers
• 4331512 or 4333059 camshaft
• Valve shim depression & removal tool

Mike, you can borrow my Valve shim tool anytime.
I like the wheel, just can’t part with my Abarth one. The Leather looks soft.

Back