Reading the 124 Specials history

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
Well I finally had a good idea. When I got the car a couple years ago, it came with a folder of info. I glanced thru it, but never really "read" it. So yesterday I sorted thru it and read the various papers and work orders the PO filed away.

He purchased the car from its original owner in 2002 with 53K on it. The odometer now shows 58K. Front brakes and hoses were replaced in 2002. The starter was replaced in 2007. The water pump was replaced in 2008. The car was tested in that time for hydrocarbons in the coolant, there were none. Reading the shop notes this car has been running warm for years, without the cause being found. There are a few more receipts for tune ups, suspension, brakes and various fluid/filter changes for the engine and automatic transmission. There are hand written notations for head bolt torque specs, but no official mention of head work performed.

So the PO's purchase receipt is in here. He paid $2500 in 2002. Then by adding up the receipts I see he spent around $4K on parts and repairs. This type of producible evidence is why I do not keep files like this. :eek:

Way at the back was a beautifully preserved "America Discovers Fiat - Family Cars" brochure. Pretty cool. :)
cover.jpg page1.jpg page2.jpg page3.jpg page4.jpg page5.jpg page6.jpg page7.jpg page8.jpg page9.jpg

Bummer, there is a limit of 10 uploads per post apparently. Final two pages in the reply.

Back