Rear Bushing Tool For The X

Rupunzell

Bernice Loui
Since the topic came up and I had made a set of sleeves for removing and replacing the rear bushings on the X a while ago. I wondered if they could be modified for use without a press. After a bit of measuring, head scratching and lathe time. Out pops this rear bushing tool.

Now it's going off to another X web member for testing and feedback. If this tool works well, I'll offer it up as a loaner to any X web member that needs to change rear bushings. If any are ambitious, the sketches can be posted and they can make their own.

Nice work Bernice

I hope I never need it. :( But good to know it exists. :)

tool

Since the topic came up and I had made a set of sleeves for removing and replacing the rear bushings on the X a while ago. I wondered if they could be modified for use without a press. After a bit of measuring, head scratching and lathe time. Out pops this rear bushing tool.

Now it's going off to another X web member for testing and feedback. If this tool works well, I'll offer it up as a loaner to any X web member that needs to change rear bushings. If any are ambitious, the sketches can be posted and they can make their own.

Borrow it? If you are happy with it's perfomance I'd buy one! I hate that job, and this would make it so much easier.

Back