Rear control arm replacement

Bob, Tim... that's the BIG issue...

Cheap Ball joints... because up to now, they have been really expensive!

Makes the refurbished A-Arms with new ball-joints AND bushings AND the labor to refurbish them sound REASONABLE... compared to what used to be!

But yeah... can the ball joints be purchased separately and for how much???

Midwest has them too

I actually just ordered both rear arms from Midwest over the weekend while they were running their promotion. Midwest's are cheaper than Vick's, but they're used, but they offer a lifetime warranty on them. So it depends on what you're looking for, but that was good enough for me (nothing against Vick's!).

I looked for ball joints for a long time and eventually decided to go with the whole arm from Matt because of how much trouble I heard it was to replace them and how hard it is to find the ball joint, or expensive or suspect they are when you do. With that said, I remember Bernice posting a link to some aftermarket ones, I think they were for a Ford, that she said would work for the X. I don't think I have it saved though, maybe try a search...

Unless you're really into that kind of work I'd just save yourself the trouble and get the whole arm. That's just how I look at it anyway. Good luck!

Last edited:
Please talk to Vick's about what actually do...

I found this thread:
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/9809/

Quote from the thread:

Talked to Vicks today. They have none in stock and are no longer able to offer this service. The supplier rebuilding them for them went out of of business. By the way, he said they were replacing the bushings but just injecting the ball joint with some kind of resin.

If anyone has checked with alternative autos please post here. Otherwise I will try to email them tomorrow.

This was back in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back