REAR WINDOW GASKET

sbortoloni

1980 X 1/9
Anyone know how to remove the gasket on the rear window on the inside? I just removed all the vinyl and some goes underneath this seal. Anyone have any ideas?

I assume the window is still in place...

If so, it needs to come out.

Not too difficult...

Need to remove the engine cover, spring and hinges... which could come off with the cover, if I remember correctly.

Then there is a long clip and two, or a few screws or bolts that hold the window up. Remove these, squirt some soapy water around the gasket and glass, inside and out... then massage the window down and out. Be patient and careful, it'll come... then the gasket lifts out of the channel in its entirety.

(I ran around a few years without the glass and the gasket glued in just for fun... Once the fumes and tappet noise were remedied... the heat and engine sound became a bit tiring after awhile. Do take it around the block though...)

I think you have to remove the glass

You'll have to remove the engine lid. Then unbolt the metal strip at the bottom of the window. I havn't removed the rear window in years, but if you start there, you should be able to figure it out.

Back