replacement coil springs

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
Thinking of buying I.A.P. red springs for lowering and stiffening
any experiences before I pull the trigger??
thanks
Ron

I remember reading that some "lowering" springs can actually raise the car if the current ones are tired already. No personal experience though.

They actually raised mine

because the old ones were sooo worn out. If you do get them, give them some time to "settle" after installing them before attempting to cut them and lower the car. Otherwise, the IAP springs are a very nice product.

It's also a good idea to get an alignment after installation too.

Jamex progressive lowering springs

I have Jamex progressive lowering springs with koni struts. I purchased the Jamex springs from Chris Obert. The 87 X1/9 sits level and is about an 1.5 inches lower than stock. Not too stiff of a ride and not much body roll.

Lou Teresi
74 x1/9
87 x1/9

Tom Angle

So you did cut the IAP's?? if so how much? I will be having Stevie at Auto Turismo do all the installing so a line up will be in the cards. Thanks Ron

I will be this winter

I have 15" tires on my car and was having some clearance issues. Now that I've got that worked out, I'm going to lower the stance a little this winter. There are a few threads here talking about how much to cut and how to do it properly.

FYI...May require re-threading your struts to achieve spring preload to keep the spring in place.

No cutting....

springs were already lowered enough. Give me a call if you want to check out my x1/9 at 973-659-9192(eve) or 973-590-6422(day).

Lou
74 x1/9
87 x1/9

Back