RetroSound aftermarket radios - anyone using them? Cool concept on paper

There’s no place to store CDs in the X cockpit anyway. Even in my cars that have had CD players, I can’t remember the last time I actually played a CD in one.

I still play CDs in my cars that have them. Funny thing about me in that. I work in tech, but still mess with CDs and even vinyl. Go figure.

There’s no place to store CDs in the X cockpit anyway. Even in my cars that have had CD players, I can’t remember the last time I actually played a CD in one.
EXACTLY. Although it’s nice to have the ability so when you find a garage sale/thrift store disc you don’t have to wait to digitize it to play. I’ve got a 128gb USB flash drive that’s 1” in size. Can’t argue with that kind of MP3 storage...

I still play CDs in my cars that have them. Funny thing about me in that. I work in tech, but still mess with CDs and even vinyl. Go figure.
Hey, I used to design semiconductors that were used to make CD players and most of my music collection is still on open reel tape. Still have cassettes in the X glovebox to supplement the Bluetooth stream.

Total Christmas score!! Pretty stoked!
B84F3BDC-F44E-4092-AE78-90EA5D01AC16.jpeg

I have used CDs in the cars that have them exactly three times. Not a fan of leaving stuff in the car that someone might actually want

The likelihood of someone wanting to break into an older car to score a non screen stereo is likely somewhere approaching zero. Our Miata has our existing Blaupunkt Toronto in it and aside from when the hardtop is on in it, it is only a knife slice away...so far so good.

I now really appreciate a chip or my phone as the means of getting music to the stereo.

It does look good and appropriate. I bought a cheapo stereo a few years ago for the 87 which has a late eighties Italian vibe but it is a total POS I am sure. I will cast around for one of these.

Back