Revolution wheels are in!

rturchan

Baja Bob
After a long 6 weeks the Revolution 7x13 wheels are in Fronts are 100mm backspace, rears are 120mm backspace. I guess no real hurry since still waiting for the tires. 205x60 Toyo proxes RA1 for the rear are in but the 185x60 fronts are backorder for another 2 or 3 weeks. I'll post pictures when mounted.
IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

oops, actually 100mm backspace is for the rear, to move them out and 120 mm for the front, to center the wheels like original.
Bob T.

Last edited:
Bob you and I have funny taist....Oh and I am running 205 50s all around, Hey they were 50 bucks a pop on Tire Rack.. Sumitomos...:grin:

DSC02837.jpg

NICE... wrong color... but NICE!

HA!

Hey Bob... you are gonna color match the centers to your body color, RIGHT? (I know a GOOD shop if ya need one...)

In the top picture

it actually look ROUND... Ha Ha Ha
And it looks nice. My congrats...

Tony, Thats' too south central for me

I am not a fan of the color coded wheels. I also don't like the yellow steering wheels and accessories that seem to be popular. To each their own. I really do appreciate that everyone on this forum is quite polite about these issues. A pretty hospitable bunch.

I still have plenty to paint though.

Bob

Last edited:
South Central...

...funny!
Even a hick from sticks of Oregon understands that!

I'd run the Revos in black.
After all, paint is new, and that's a great look.

If'n paint was beatup,
then a color change would be worth considering.
For continuation of stealth look,
medium metallic grey shows off great Revo spoke design,
without calling excess attention.
DSC_0175-1.jpg

My 10" Revos are gold centered.
Probably leave 'em that way.
Even tho' they're 15 years old,
they are like new.
revo.jpg

Haven't seen many miles...
hokie.jpg

(not my car...just my wheels)

Last edited:
JJay....check your tire size

...Sumi doesn't make a 205/50 13. Maybe they are 205/60s?

OK then... paint 'um a natural Magnesium then...

HAHAHA...

My favorite color combo came to me when I saw a "machinery grey" 65 'Stang and natural American Mags and polished rims...

All function... and your beautiful Silver car reminds me of that. I think being a polite cruiser of sorts... the wheels should also contain some of the body color. I've always liked that "philosophical aspect" so that the wheels look like they BELONG to that particular car. That thought originally came to me with the first FIREMIST METALLIC GREEN ELDORADO I saw back in the late 60's... and it had Caddy Hubcaps with a panel of matching paint in the center surrounding the Logo.

Like you... I too appreciate those that realize that this is all a matter of TASTE and PERSONAL PREFERENCE... and can accept what others prefer...

Revolution Wheel

Steven,
I wonder if they will still make them in magnesium? It might be worth asking.

Bob

Just for fun...

Gratuitous revolution wheels shot:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43149&l=d2dcb0ae93&id=10000059255259

Funny thing is my old ones have raised wheel bolt bosses and really long stepped bolts (which I hope I don't ever break because God only knows where I would find a replacement). Looks like you new ones have a recessed boss area and "normal" bolts.

Damn facebook. As soon as I get moved I'm putting up my own webpage so I can post linked pics whenever I want!

They look great!

Last edited:
Very nice wheels!

How do you determine the best offset for the wider rims in back? Is this with stock rear panels or is your X widened in the rear?

Thanks JJay!!!

...Now I know what tires to put on my Compomotives. Couldn't have done it w/o you!! :)

Back