right headlight rises, but won't lower

. . . since you are in X1/9 heaven someone local should be able to save you the postage.

I never thought of S. Cal. as "X1/9 heaven", but I guess they last longer here in the southwest than in rainier parts.
Also, Mark Allison is about 45-50 miles away in Upland, and Jeff Stich (is he the guy with the warehouse full of junked parts in Orange County?) I guess is about 45 miles away, but I'm the kind of guy who hates to replace parts when I can FIX them - I get satisfaction that way (unlike Mick Jagger). I'm starting to gather my funds for a purchase of 2 (maybe 4) diodes, and I'll LOVE it if replacing the diodes solves the problem. Of course, I'd HATE it if the motor itself needs replacing. First, I gotta try disconnecting the 4-prong connector on the LEFT side per Eric Hamilton's diagnostic before I start disassembling the pod. BTW, in Mark Allison's experience, a bad ground is usually the problem, but averages and statistics have never applied to me. :)

VidoP.

I'm used to car failures - I own a FIAT!

. . .
I dunno if this is a recent failure for you or that you are doing a full or partial restoration.
This is a recent failure of my daily driver car, not a restoration - unless you'd care to make a case for Fiats ALWAYS being in a state of restoration. :)

As things have failed, there has followed an awkward period of compensation, sometimes a dangerous period, during which I get rather used to the effort and so put off the inevitable repair. The current situation has me propping up the front hood, opening the headlight compartment, and manually spinning the motor to lower the headlight after I park the car at night. And I'm getting used to it!

VidoP.

If ya keep that up Vido... soon you will get use to...

just the one sticking up ALL THE TIME and run around looking silly.

Hey... I dunno how many sporty cars you've owned... but I have spent more on my '69 Vette in 3 months than the 32 years I have cared for this X1/9. My brother's '38 LaSalle Street Rod with 20+ years in construction (and still lacking $5000 in interior) has over $25,000 in the massaged 500+ CI Caddy engine ALONE.

So look, if itsa gonna take ya more than a month to save up the $4 bucks... I'll run over to RS tomorrow and send ya a few diodes and ya should have them by Tuesday. Let me know...

Back