Rookie Questions

What happened to your TR6 ?

There are so few 124 coupes today, they are really nice cars, but another under appreciated FIAT.. IMO, nicer than the spyder. then again, I'm not a convertible fan.

It will be interesting to hear your impressions of the exxe in time..

BTW, there are a number of Studebaker fans here..

Bernice

my beloved TR6 (owned for almost 12 years).

My Triumph experience was great. Very few problems, easy to repair and that wonderful exhaust note. Drove it to the Vintage races at Watkins Glenn many times ( beautiful in Sept if you ever have the chance).

I had always liked the X but finding a nice one is really difficult. I was actually looking for a 124 Coupe which in my opinion is even more difficult to locate.

My purchase was basically right price for the right car and love at first sight (doesn't everyone walk around their cars after parking them to enjoy the view from multiple angles).

To me the X is a whole lot of car for the money. Sorry for the long winded answer to your brief question.

Welcome, Felipe!....from a fellow Studebaker fan

X1/9s are wonderful cars to drive, not hard to work on, and a great all round value. You are going to love it. Get it all in shape then go out and drive the heck out of it.

I have been a Studebaker guy forever, since I grew up in South Bend, IN and have been a Studebaker Drivers Club member since 1982. So, don't pay any mind to Tony N., cuz everyone knows he is full of it!:laugh: My next car project is going to be a Stude, and Tony and I have already made plans to cruise Route 66 in our V8s with glass packs. Though I will not be getting an Avanti, I will probably obtain a Cruiser model with the 289 motor and dual exhausts.

Welcome to XWeb forum, and it really is okay to like Studes. And even Triumphs! (Owned one myself. And Bernice is restoring one.)

Ciao,

Welcome, Felipe!

Haha, you should've seen me when I first laid eyes on my X back in febuary... It wasn't even very nice, faded paint, wires hanging here and there in the interior, tach not working correctly (still doesn't :mallet:) But I got there, the roof was off, I sat in it for a second... I needed the car, lol. I had always had japanese sports cars, (83 280ZX turbo, '79 RX-7) but they just don't compare to the X.

And yes, my fasten seatbelt bulb has been on, probably since the car left the showroom.

The guys on this board are great, If I need a question answered, there's 5 or 6 guys there instantly, taht ACTUALLY know what they're talking about!!

Welcome to the board, Felipe! Enjoy your X!

HA! Nuttin' like upgrading an old Stude...

... with an Avanti R-3 engine or CLONE!

(Geez... are WE all NOT a collection of weirdos or what... saving orphans and admiring them... HA! I had forgotten all about you and the Studes for a moment.)

Back