Saturday wrenching...

budgetzagato

Administrator
Had my hands full, here was the plan. Special thanks to Obert and Midwest for parts arriving before the weekend:

Got the timing belt tensioner and new bracket installed, new belt, new (to me, thanks Matthew from Redmond) timing belt cover on new (to me) bracket as well. Never been a fan of uncovered belts.

I had to modify the cover to make sure the alt/water pump belt didn't rub.

Fit a new clutch slave which luckily fixed the dead pedal problem, I had thought it was the m/c. I have a m/c replacement so will likely change it anyway.

Removed and cleaned the coolant expansion tank, plastic-soldered the small return nipple (but this didn't fix the leak 100%). I think it needs a stainless X tank! :guitar:

Spent more time detailing things, the engine and engine bay of this car are really dirty. A fun test drive proved at least the engine is fine and back to where I was a couple of weeks ago, but with a quiet timing belt tensioner. Tomorrow is brake rotors, pads, hoses and wheel bearings. :thumbsup:

You have been busy...!

But I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday, other than of course watching the 49'ers beat the Saints in the playoffs ;)

Back