Scorpion Gas Cap on Ebay

We dug around a bit at Vick Auto...

And found one from an Alfa that fits well. Looks pretty much identical to that one, except instead of one big bar going across to screw/unscrew it, it has 3 bars in a Mercedes-symbol pattern.

For way cheaper than $50 too as I recall. Dunno why anyone would pay $50 for that broken-down old thing.

Pete

you should see the sellers other lancia items , there is a real bargan for the steering wheel and switches $445.00 i need to rethink my car and just sell parts

Well, the secret would be....

you should see the sellers other lancia items , there is a real bargan for the steering wheel and switches $445.00 i need to rethink my car and just sell parts

to actually sell them, rather than let them loiter on eBay the way this guy is doing. :laugh:

Pete

Gold Plated Parts Perhaps?

I know the price of gold is at an all time high...maybe thars gold in them parts! :hmm:

I think this is one of our own....

Not sure but maybe?
The idea of selling something is to get maximum return, so I say go for it. And in this case, contrary to the saying, the sum of the parts is not worth more than the individual parts. We often pay a lot for that one item we need.
Bob T..

I have no problem with people asking whatever they want for something. The seller's time and hassle is worth whatever they value it at so $50 is just fine. I pity the poor guy who just started looking for a part, sees one at a high price, figures they are rare so he better jump, then realizes it was overpriced. That's why I usually try to get a real market value idea before I buy something. I often see a few examples of really high priced items in a sea of low priced ones. I've often wondered why the seller bothers but maybe they use different listing settings or something so only theirs shows up under certain conditions. No idea why a buyer would pay, say $75 for a part that is readily available for $10.

Back