Scorpion on ebay

My old car.

If its a friend selling the car, you need not reply to this.

What would be your view of this car in its current state? How much of your work still exists on the car and if it does, what did you do?

It didn't hit its reserve last time he had it up (I think it reached the 6K range, looking for north of 10).

It does look nice though the seats look a bit tired (niggling I know).

Thanks!

Karl

Nice looking car, just 10 minutes up the road from me. Always loved Scorps, and it has some nice upgrades. Like X's, it's hard to find one that's TRULY rust free.

I haven't owned the car in over ten years, so I can't comment on it's current condition... But, when I owned it, it started as a one owner car with under 40k miles that someone started to use as a parts car! I reconstructed it and did upgrades along the way. The engine came from another Scorpion (my orange car) and I added the fuel injection and the Montecarlo transmission. I added the Daytona wheels and X1/9 mirrors. I restored the interior close to stock, but changed the blue for black and gray. The seats and stereo were done after I sold it. Here are some progress photos. As you can see, it was completely gone through:

Progress1.jpg

And a picture of the car next to my black car at Concorso:

Silver76.jpg

If its a friend selling the car, you need not reply to this.

What would be your view of this car in its current state? How much of your work still exists on the car and if it does, what did you do?

It didn't hit its reserve last time he had it up (I think it reached the 6K range, looking for north of 10).

It does look nice though the seats look a bit tired (niggling I know).

Thanks!

Karl

Last edited:
Back