Scorpion top removal

RallyLanciaWannabe

True Classic
How does one remove the top off a scorpion?
May be a silly question but I’ve never done it.
I’d hate to break a 47 year old piece of something.
Thanks Anthony

How does one remove the top off a scorpion?
May be a silly question but I’ve never done it.
I’d hate to break a 47 year old piece of something.
Thanks Anthony
Is it a double bubble or a soft top? The manual has instructions (which I have a pdf of) I took mine off and then removed it entirely since I'd like to get a double bubble top for it.

Was waiting for someone with recent experience to reply becuz have had hardtops for decades.

Should be use the release lever inside at rear to release both rear latches. Then get out and raise slightly the rear bow section and that gives slack in vinyl to pull forward the front edge of roof out of front groove. Then you can roll up roof to fit under bow section if going roof open or access all the fasteners if removing entire roof.

Was waiting for someone with recent experience to reply becuz have had hardtops for decades.

Should be use the release lever inside at rear to release both rear latches. Then get out and raise slightly the rear bow section and that gives slack in vinyl to pull forward the front edge of roof out of front groove. Then you can roll up roof to fit under bow section if going roof open or access all the fasteners if removing entire roof.
So does it remove completely or just slide back?

That is cool, mine has the hard top panel. So I have never seen how the soft top is stowed.
C515DF07-8916-4DA3-820D-354A724FAC28.jpeg

Last edited:
Back