Securon 3 point seatbelt - compatability in my X?

CanuckX1

Daily Driver
Hi all, I have a 1977 X1/9. I would like to add a 3 point seatbelt and it seems as though people have recommended the Securon system. From this photo can you tell which model would be best? The 500/30 or 514/30? Thanks!

1671523126144.png

I used the 500/30 in my '74. That low mount point on the C pillar requires a bracket to clear the firewall/shelf.

Roy

I've used the 500/30 in another build, but for flawless operation I went in another direction on my '75, but it's a lot more involved.

I've used the 500/30 in another build, but for flawless operation I went in another direction on my '75, but it's a lot more involved.

Thanks. I just read through your prior posts in the link. It looks like that was a one-off situation that takes a lot more work.

I was told that there is a ready-to-go threaded mounting hole under the headliner covering the side sail bar. Do you or anyone have experience / suggestions for that application? Thanks!!

Thanks. I just read through your prior posts in the link. It looks like that was a one-off situation that takes a lot more work.

I was told that there is a ready-to-go threaded mounting hole under the headliner covering the side sail bar. Do you or anyone have experience / suggestions for that application? Thanks!!
There is a threaded mounting hole covered by a plug in the side panels. Problem is that on the early cars, the hole is a bit low for inertial belt reels.

Yes, but the mounting hole is located very low (see the button installed over the headliner), and it requires an extension from the mounting hole in the sail to be able to mount the top belt mount away from the rear shelf so its able to rotate. Someone on the forum did use the 514/30 kit and mounted the reel end of the belt to the sail. Not sure how the total install was done but there is a thread out there if you search 3 point belts.

Thanks all. I ordered the 500/30. It looks like my mounting point is low like the ‘74 based on the picture I uploaded. Even though I have a ‘77.

I believe the person that mounted the 514/30 reel up on the sail in one of the prior posts had a later model (since the reel was mounted further up the B pillar).

Will let you all know how this works out.

Yes, but the mounting hole is located very low (see the button installed over the headliner), and it requires an extension from the mounting hole in the sail to be able to mount the top belt mount away from the rear shelf so its able to rotate. Someone on the forum did use the 514/30 kit and mounted the reel end of the belt to the sail. Not sure how the total install was done but there is a thread out there if you search 3 point belts.
That was me that mounted the reel of the 514/30 on the sail panel. The install is as easy as it gets and works great.

That was me that mounted the reel of the 514/30 on the sail panel. The install is as easy as it gets and works great.
Thanks - what year was your car? From the picture you posted it looked like your upper mounting bolt whole was further up the sail than where mine is (see the button in the pic up top)? And so I’m not sure that the reel would fit in the same way on mine with the 514?

Thanks - what year was your car? From the picture you posted it looked like your upper mounting bolt whole was further up the sail than where mine is (see the button in the pic up top)? And so I’m not sure that the reel would fit in the same way on mine with the 514?
Mine is a 78 and yes, your mounting hole is lower so you would need to add an extending bracket as Jimmy mentioned, then mount the reel horizontally on the package shelf with the 514. Please post pics of your 500 install.

Back