Seeking experience with "seat gap filler" accessory.

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
This is completely non-Fiat content.
My daily driver has nice bucket seats and a large center console. It seems small items often drop down between the seat and console and fall under the seat. Due to the power seat mechanisms under the seat it is very difficult to fish them out. I see there are several styles of accessory "seat gap fillers" available. Basically just something to stuff into that gap between the seat and console to prevent things from going through there.

Has anyone tried any of them to offer feedback on what works or what doesn't? Do they really work or just a nuisance? If they work I'd like to order some but not sure which style to get; plain upholstered foam, molded contoured, with little pockets for extra storage, taller/shorter, etc? Appreciate hearing the experience after living with them.

Never heard of such a thing. How about just stuffing a towel in the gap? I had a pen fall in that gap in my GTI and it really disappeared. I would have to remove the passenger seat which means getting a special size star socket.....I lost interest. The real agony is dropping your cell phone or key fob down in that bottomless gap.

I've seen several different versions of this item, but below is a typical example. As you can see it is contoured to fit and has a notch to go around the seat belt buckle, keeping the filler piece in place. Available in various colors to match the interior. And very inexpensive.

719sJYWwSmL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Nothing special so pretty much anything could work. But for the price (less than $5 each) why not get something premade and has a nice finish?

What I was wondering is if any other versions of this might be worth trying. Such as ones that incorporate a recess to hold small items (i.e. extra storage), or has provisions for a USB charger, or other such features. Hoping someone has tried it and has some feedback to offer?

Back