She's Home!

dburdick

doug b
It's been awhile since I've been to the forum,but know I finally have something worth talking about. I brought my x home yesterday! I'd love to show everyone here what she looks like but I'm having trouble posting pics. I'm new at this. She spent much of her life in AZ,(thank god!), so the rust is minor. But the engine lid did rust around the hinges, so I need a new 79 lid. And, somehow, the windshield fell off while I was towing it from Augusta to Cameron! Where can I find a new windshield and engine lid?

Congrats Doug...

Windshield fell OFF???

Try C.Oberts... or page JJ and also any local WS shop... as for lids... try Mad Matt * Midwest Bayless first...

Welcome aboard!

yep, OFF!

I towed her home backwards on a car dolly. I don't know if the output shaft in the transaxle has an oil slinger ring or not. Not all manual transmissions do. So I had her faceing backwards going down the road. I had the windows closed so it wasn't excessive air pressure in the cabin that did it. The "bute" that holds the windshield in place had dryed out to the point that it no longer had any adhesion. Blame it on the AZ. sun!

HA... that's amazing...

Had to be a VACUUM that SUCKED it off... But I doubt that it was the original winshield. It hadta be a replacement. If you ever removed one of these that were installed at the factory I think you would agree.

Anyway... DO LET US know when ya source a new one!

Back