Showing of hands on excitement of the Fiat brand back to the US?

Seattlefiat.com

Rairdon's Fiat of Seattle is excited and looking forward to being awarded a dealership for Fiat in the Seattle area!!!!! Just trying to see what your members thoughts are and how we can best become a great useful partner in your community!!!

We are not here to try and sell anything just trying to learn more about the fiat club and its members and what you guys are looking forward to and how we can be a great community member!!!!?

You can see our new website we just built and our current store websites and please let us know what you want to see...
www.rairdon.com
www.seattlefiat.com
www.fiatsale.com

Thanks

Last edited:
No problem

Just trying to see what your members thoughts are and how we can best become a great useful partner in your community!!!
Thanks

Free cars for everyone!!! That would be awesome. :headbang:

I think we are all pretty excited here on Xweb. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. Any idea who the other dealers will be? Is there a dealer list somewhere on the web for those of us that are not in the Seattle area?

BTW... you put one too many T's in the www.seattlefiat.com link.

Showing of hands on excitement of the Fiat brand back to the US? Reply to Thread

We do not have a dealer list yet there are suppposed to be 200 dealers intially nationwide.

We are hoping to have 2-3 in the Western Washington area but will hopefully know more next week when we meet with Chrysler.

Do you guys have meets with cars? Car shows? anything group oriented we can get involved with?

Hearty welcome to SeattleFiat!

Ladies & Gents of Seattle Fiat:
Thank you for stepping in to Xweb.
While Xweb is now international in scope,
our humble beginings a decade ago were right there in Seattle.

Presently have nearly 1000 members world wide.
Not the largest Fiat oriented forum,
since our focus is 90% towards the X1/9 model.
Which was produced in far fewer numbers than
the most popular vintage 124 Spider model.
Yet, I'll wager we are the most feverent in our zeal for our model of choice.
Many of us own multiple Fiats as well.
Most are hobby cars, but also a number of daily drivers,
and race prepared examples.

What this means to SeattleFiat is a VERY interested audience on Xweb.
There is a general interest Fiat Club in Seattle,
known as FEN, or Fiat Enthusiasts NW.
Believe they have about 50 members,
and are fairly active in Seattle area with rallies and gatherings.
Other than that, Xweb gatherings in PacNW are random
and somewhat sporatic.

I'm not normally a facebook user, but will gladly join your friend list
to get the inside dope on what's happening in the Fiat dealer world.

Thanks again for reaching out to vintage Fiat enthusiasts.

I am personally very excited to see Fiat coming back to the states! being in Bellevue, I'll definitely peek in on what you guys are doing.

As for the Xweb meetings, I'm working on ideas to get the PNW X crew to get things going again. :)

Welcome and thanks for posting...

I haveta admit I am not generally an overall FIAT fan but have always had a place in my heart for ALL their models. X1/9's are indeed my favorite by a longshot over almost everything else ever made...

The new 500 really tugs at me and is the first NEW car I have had a desire to own in a long time. (I do buy new "appliances" to care for our mundane daily needs though...)

As for Facebook though... I've found that TOOL is too frequently misused and I CHOOSE not to belong anymore.

Best of luck in the near future with sales... and remember it was the SERVICE and SUPPORT that killed the mark the last time!

Personally I am just as interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of the process of setting up a new dealership as you are in interested in knowing what goes thru the minds of FIAT, generally and X1/9 specifically, enthusiasts.

The people in this X1/9 community are here, first and foremost, because of the PRODUCT. To paraphrase Bill Shakespeare, "the car's the thing." We love our cars. We have learned to like each other (mostly:innocent:) because we all love the car.

So as a dealer, IMHO you can NEVER lose sight of the fact that first and foremost, the PRODUCT is king. The funny thing about that is, you as a dealer have ZERO control over the product.

What you do have control over is what TONY mentioned, service and support. Do right by people in service and support.

The last thing is cultural. The culture (civil and corporate) of where a car is designed and built is infused into the products made by those people. The West Coast is very much under the Asian influence when it comes to cars, and the Asian culture is one of steadiness, reserve and reliability, and that is reflected in their cars.

But now you are adding a European car to your stable of brands, and other than the German makes, European cars have mostly had a full measure of fun and personality to go along with the nuts and bolts of the machinery. I would encourage you to (to borrow a phrase) "celebrate the difference" between the ho-hum Asians, the workaday Americans, the way-too-serious Germans, and the fun-loving Italians. I think that's what Mini does for marketing...they always emphasize the enjoyment of driving their cars.

Last edited:
awesome

Thanks for coming by to let us know about the dealership! I am very excited to see Fiat coming back to the USA. I second the question of whether Abarth 500s will be sold?

fiat back in the us

i'm glad to see them back here i think the us auto market was to big for them to leave to begin with but i have to say i don't care for the model they are comming back with i would of LOVED to have the spyder that they made about 10 years ago the one that looked like the 124 called a barchetta

I personally never thought we'd see the day with Fiat coming back to the United States. Alfa Romeo, one could see. I thought the most we'd ever have is Fiats coming over rebadged as something else.

It has been fantastic witnessing the renaissance of Maserati, which owes a lot of gratitude to the US market. Seeing the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and 8C Spider arrive on our shores has also been brilliant. Getting to see the US Fiat 500 in just two months time at the Los Angeles autoshow... wow. :dance:

They had just better not muck it up this time. I'm fully expecting to see a Fiat Punto Abarth and Alfa Romeo Giulia sport sedan over here in the next couple of years. Not only that, but I want to hear the automobile magazines falling over themselves... asking for forgiveness for the stupid Fix It Again, Tony jokes. :nana:

Welcome to the Fiat community

We will hope to see you at The Best of France and Italy car show on Nov 6
Van Nuys, California where you can meet hundred of Fiat owners and the president of the Fiat rear engine club Mr Merkel Weiss.
Good Sales
George

Seattlefiat.com,

I noticed that on your website under Research, you list the Fiat Punto as coming soon. Is this the next model that will be sold in the US after the Fiat 500? I preferred the Fiat Grande Punto, but I could definitely live with a Fiat Punto Evo - Abarth for a commuter car!

Please tell us more about the possibility of the Punto arriving, and when. I'll take one in Ferrari red.

2011-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Abarth-sporty-car-500x375.jpg

2011-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Abarth-Car-Galleries.png

2011-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Abarth-from-Rear-Side-View-Picture-570x411.jpg

2011-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Abarth-from-Side-View-Picture-570x409.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGFqpmFHjHc"]YouTube - Test Abarth Punto Evo - Essai 2010[/ame]

Maybe I'm the wierdo.... I think i will be totally de-badging my X-1/9 of the Fiat name and keeping what it is a secret.

Of course.... maybe part of that has to do with the fact that it is a Dallara X-1/9 wannabe now... and... well that's just what I'll call it from now on.

Back