Showing of hands on excitement of the Fiat brand back to the US?

I want to be excited..... but for what? lol

I don't even know of any Fiats I like!

I almost really like my X-1/9 ..... but only after ALMOST removing everything thats Fiat. lol I love the body and chassis layout of the car. But now after rewiring the whole car so everything works properly, rebuilding the entire suspension with real springs and dampers, and cutting off the puney fenders and putting bigger ones on so I can fit real tires on it, and now planning on transplanting a non-fiat engine into it so it has real power and is reliable.... um.... not much on it will be fiat anymore than the 128 front control arms and rack setup.

The only thing that has ever made me look at Fiat IS the X-1/9. And I guess since they took what would have been a real nice sports car and turned it into a economy two seater girlie car instead of something like what it should have been (in my opinion) comparable to a elise by todays standards.... I just am not interested in Fiat. Fiat is of coarse built on economy cars.... and without them ever producing a lathargic underpowered version of what an X-1/9 is supposed to be i guess we would never have the X-1/9. So I guess I can be grateful that they at least manufactured my dream car for me even though now I have to go and fix all the stuff they messed up on it to make it an economy car. lol

I'm not trying to be negative.... I hope that Fiat does good... but to me they're just geo metro's and smart cars. lol And who knows... maybe one day I'll be driving one... but right now I'm pretty happy with my 1989 mercury tracer with a 1.6L EFI --- and I really like my Dallara X-1/9 wannabe now that it is almost entirely de-fiat-ized.

Maybe if they produced a car that was a modern cross between what the X-1/9 SHOULD have been and a Lotus Exige.... I would be interested. But I doubt that day will ever come.

Pure efficiency on that post Matt

I'm not trying to be negative....

I have no argument with your feelings on the topic, but I busted out laughing when I got to that line. You were 95% negative without even trying. Think about the possibilities... you could hit 110%, maybe even 120% negative if you put some effort into it! :dance:

HA!!:devil:

I probably won't buy a new Fiat simply because I don't buy new cars. I too wish Fiat well, but I will probably be an onlooker. Unless they bring over a real sporty Abarth version at a really reasonable price. Odds of that are slim.

Just out of curiosity, I called Royal Gate Fiat (www.royalgatefiat.com) today. It is one of the local Dodge/Chrysler dealers here in St. Louis. They had no info on when any cars would arrive for sale.

hahaha!
Well I must admit... I'm not having an entirely GOOD day. :laugh: lol And I hope that my feelings alone doesnt disband the Fiat imagration once again. I think they do make a GOOD economy car. But I agree with you're new car mantality. And if I do own a newer Fiat it will be years down the road to replace my 89 mercury tracer. lol
I probably won't buy a new Fiat simply because I don't buy new cars. I too wish Fiat well, but I will probably be an onlooker. Unless they bring over a real sporty Abarth version at a really reasonable price. Odds of that are slim.

But yeah... as an auto enthusist and a automotive technitian I am only entertained by FUN cars. And well mercury tracers, geo metros, smart cars and such don't do it for me. Although I have nothing really against them. I drive one because it is effcient.

But to enjoy the FUN side of auto's ...... um ..... there is much to be desired. And I guess I'm just saying that I really doubt that even if Fiat does make a really neat sport car that would interest me.... which I doubt they will because it's slightly abnormal from what the company normally makes..... I doubt it would ever even make it to the states. So.... I'll just continue to play with my Dallara wannabe untill I can afford to play around with a Lotus Exige. lol

Am I still being negative? :hmm:

Since the 500 we'll be getting is the newer, Punto-based car.

Actually the Fiat Nuova 500 is based on the platform used by the Fiat Nuova Panda (and Ford Ka Mk2), not the platform used for the Grande Punto and Punto Evo. Our US Fiat 500 is being built off a newer version of this (Panda/Ka) platform. This is an A-segment platform.

The platform the Punto is built on is shared with the Alfa Romeo MiTo and Fiat Linea This platform is slightly larger and was co-developed with GM -- and therefore also underpins the Opel Corsa. This platform is identified as the SCCS (Small Common Components and Systems) architecture. This is a B-segment platform.

I believe how and why we will see the Punto Evo in the States, is because it is almost certain that the Chrysler Group will use SCCS to derive a new compact Dodge for North America. Building Punto Evo and Punto Evo Abarth alongside these new cars make perfect sense.

The other platform (yet another size up) that Chrysler will utilize is Fiat Group's C-Evo Compact -- the one used just recently to produce the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. C-Evo is an update of the C Compact platform used to construct the Fiat Bravo and Lancia Delta. I believe the Alfa Romeo 147 was built on the platform used by the 156.

-ryan

Not to burst anyone's bubble--but there is no Seattle Fiat. There absolutely is no Seattle Fiat. As of September 23, 2010, not a single Fiat dealer has been selected in the United States. Submittals to apply for a Fiat dealership were due to Chrysler on Tuesday of this week. Not a single dealer has been selected.

To Mr. Seattle Fiat--I am sure you work for a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge dealer that received an invitation to go to Florida to listen to Sergio and then have an OPPORTUNITY to submit and receive permission to sell Fiat at or near your current dealership. That is no way guarantees your dealership will receive the Fiat franchise. Best of luck to you and a thumbs up for trying to do some market research and solicit sales. A word of advice: The existing Fiat community is closely-knit--don't start off your relationship through deception and lies. You have one chance and one chance only to retract your statements.

And by-the-way: I suggest you take your website down before Chrysler finds out and if you insist on keeping it up I suggest you add the information required by the Washington DMV (i.e, dealership location and contact number) before they slap you with a fine.

Ciao,
Eric

Bubble bursted.....

:tomato:If I were in the market for...oh.....say a fleet of 500's for some Italian theme buisness (courier-deli-bakery-ect.) .....would I like to have a fleet of Italian cars to support said buisness theme ? HECK YES.
Would any savy buisnessman invest a major portion of overhead in anything other than a time tested company with a stellar reputation for economy, reliability and service history in there continental market???
:pigsfly::pigsfly::pigsfly:
IMHO....
Fiat has a long hard row to how here in the USA.

Do I want success for Fiat in the USA ? ...Absolutly.

Will I help support there success ?

Time will tell.

The afforementioned are the thoughts of one person and should be strictly regarded as such.

Back