single DCNF manifold fabrication

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
I have dual dcnfs on my x right now and seen to be having problems with one of them. I rebuilt both of them but one just seem to be doing better than the other. So, I was thinking fabricating a single manifold. so I can run just one carb. My thought is to use 1" exhaust tubing and have them bent to the proper agles and tak weld them to the carb and engine monthing plates.

Does this seem like a reasonable fabrcation?

Back in the day, there were carb adapter plates that allowed different carbs to be used with various manifolds. Not sure if these are available anymore. Regardless, these are not too difficult to make and would be easier to do than building a complete manifold from scratch.

What are the problems with the DCNF? There might be ??? stuck in the passages or etc. Getting this ??? out means drilling the lead plugs, cleaning out the passages and re-pluggint these passages with lead (as delivered) or something similar. If there is significant corosion inside the DCNF, this could cause other problems such as leaking jet seats and etc...

Rebuilding by simple cleaning and replacing gaskets and needle seats might not always cure the problems.

I have dual dcnfs on my x right now and seen to be having problems with one of them. I rebuilt both of them but one just seem to be doing better than the other. So, I was thinking fabricating a single manifold. so I can run just one carb. My thought is to use 1" exhaust tubing and have them bent to the proper agles and tak weld them to the carb and engine monthing plates.

Does this seem like a reasonable fabrcation?

Back