Sitting at rail crossing in my 128...

olerascal

True Classic
...trafficator light showing red.
Plus a flashing LED icon warning of train approaching.
In case drivers need reinforcement
that running the red light is not a good idea.

Suddenly, I feel a bump from the rear.
Brain dead kid with music blaring.
I got out of my car and walked towards him.
Kid grabbed reverse, smacked into the car behind him,
and jumped into empty right turn lane.
But didn't turn right.
Blew straight through the red light, cross traffic, pedestrians,
and the flashing led icon of train approaching.
Which missed center punching the kid by about 15 feet.

I mighta had a bit of fire in my eye,
but surely a gray haired geezer isn't that threatening.
Figure there was a backstory that caused the kid to rabbit.
Or perhaps just a thrill seeker.

I've not had an accident in 40 years.
Except for being rear ended FIVE TIMES!
No damage to the 128.

Yikes!

Glad it wasn't a stronger "bump".

Likely the idiot young'un had no insurance, or was on probation. Witness the typical immortal-youth response to the situation.

You could start keeping track with stencils on the side of the car a lá WWII fighters. Not sure what an appropriate symbol for a rear-ender would be. Not sure I want to ponder it too much!:innocent:

Fire in the eyes?

You sure you didn't have a firearm in your hand. ;)

Ah well... at least you and the car came out undamaged Mike.

Who needs TV

I call it "street theater", so many free performances going on around one. I thought it was my Miata that folks like to rear end. Remind me to put a Roo-bar on the back of my SL when it's back on the street.

carl

Glad it wasn't a stronger "bump".
You could start keeping track with stencils on the side of the car a lá WWII fighters. Not sure what an appropriate symbol for a rear-ender would be. Not sure I want to ponder it too much!:innocent:

Here's your symbol.
41_11_68---Do-Not-Enter-USA-Road-Sign_web.jpg

Is that acceptable humor?

Sigh. And that is why I paid out my a** for insurance when I was 17. Stupid thing to do, on all counts but I think if I hit a classic looking car or one I couldn't even name and you were coming my way I'd be intimidated too if I didn't know you.

Sorry to hear that Mike...

I sometimes wonder why I wander outside unarmed these days...

So many inconsiderate and irresponsible jerks out there... and I thought they were all in Beverly Hills...

Glad you are ok!

Glad you and the car are ok! Life can just be crazy! I drive about 30k per year with my job. I am always amazed at some of the things I see. :sad:

First thing I do these days if I have to get out of my car, open my cell phone and start recording video. You never know what might happen, but if you catch it on film at least you have a record to bring to court if it ends up being that serious.

I witnessed a full on fist fight recently in morning traffic on my commute home a few weeks ago. I stopped at a stoplight, and within seconds I just had this weird "is something going on behind me?" feeling... glanced back to see some 30ish dude going at it with some 50ish dude... both had apparently been watching, but not practicing a lot of UFC and MMA!!!

And about a year ago I witnessed a skinny little kid who looked no older than 14 in a Mustang GT stuck in traffic at a stoplight. He kept rolling back, and then barking the tires lurching forward...

Everyone could see it coming.

When he finally launched it 'too good' and couldn't get it stopped, drilling the honda in front of him, the very pissed off 'young lady' that jumped out probably outweighed his 110 pounds by a good 65 or 70... I thought she was going to rub the dotted lines off the pavement with his face! I LOL'd at that one. The fact that he jumped out first and 'struck a bit of a pose' trying to project his best 'gangsta attitude' made it even funnier. I'm 100% sure he said something like "Yo Bitch!!!" as she got out of her car and grabbed his skinney ass because you could see the 'oh no you didn't!' in her face as she approached.

Can't understand any parent letting a brand new driver have a car like that. I was enough of a terror in my stock 76 128!

Back