Slight Panic--Both Achilles and Federal 185/60-13 tires MIA

Last post on the subject—I swear. After speaking to more than several sources who are all showing out of stock on the 185/60-13 tire size, they all reported back the same thing. Supply chain disruptions due to Covid. And I have to believe them at this point as there are currently almost 60 container ships docked off the count coast of California who cannot get in to unload their goods because of sick dock workers. I‘m sure that out of those roughly 1,000,000 containers out there a few of them have tires in them.

Their date codes will be dead by the time those tires reach the customer, eight years from now.

I read that rubber production is also starting to get disrupted so we may see spotty supplies for the next year or two.

I ordered and received a set of Vredesteins from Discount Tire. They're Dutch and nearly unpronounceable, but they seem like good, grippy tires. Not expensive, either.

Just checked the Giga Tire website and they have Achilles 122 in 185/60 13's in stock. and despite the naysayers... I love these tires!
The only problem is their price has close to doubled at $67.00 each. Still considered by some to be a bargain, but not for a cheap bastard like me.

Back